Player Deletions

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
rgossard

Player Deletions

Post by rgossard » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:18 am

I know this question has been asked and answered 100s of times (because I did do a search); however, I'm still not clear. I would like to delete players no longer on the team from the roster so they do not show up on the roster tab of the team webpage or on my iPad. However, I'm not clear on how that affects the stats or game (stats) tabs on the website. In other words, if I delete a player from the roster will his stats still appear on the stats page for the previous games and leagues he played in? For example in the "All" League or any tournament league he played in and for any particular game he played in.

I would imagine I would create a new league, e.g. Fall 2012, and make that my default league for the webpage that would show the stats for just the current season for the new and returning players? However, when I just tested that theory and made another league (GGBL Regular Season) my default under the settings tab - the "All" still shows up on the stats page. Could that be because I always had Default checked on the device under leagues prior to scoring all the games? If that's the case could I go back and uncheck the "Default" League for each game already scored?

Lastly, if I am reading the previous posts correctly, would deleting players no longer on the team from the team roster on the device cause their stats to not post on the device itself (under Team Manager) when that option is selected on the device. In other words, does just current players on the roster stats post?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Player Deletions

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:22 am

If you remove a player from a team roster, the player's stats will still show for a GAME because the player played in the game.

What it will do is make the player's stats no longer show along with the TEAM stats when viewing team summary statistics.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
rgossard

Post by rgossard » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:01 am

Will the deleted player's stats still show under a particular league (e.g. tournament) since - like the game stats - he played under that league also?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:47 pm

When viewing that player's stats on the Player Card, yes, the player's stats will show for whatever League(s) the game is associated with.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:01 pm

any reason to not just us "inactive" in this case?
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
rgossard

Post by rgossard » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:55 am

Inactive players still show up on the team roster page on the team's website. I just want current players showing there.
rgossard

Post by rgossard » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:58 am

"When viewing that player's stats on the Player Card, yes, the player's stats will show for whatever League(s) the game is associated with."

My question was, will the deleted player's stats show up on the team's website under the stats tab for whatever league (tournament) they played in - not just on the Player Card. Likewise, will the deleted player's stats show up on the team's website under the game tab stats?
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:19 am

There is a setting in your website settings page to show only active players.

Mark

mprusak

Post by mprusak » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:22 am

rgossard wrote:"When viewing that player's stats on the Player Card, yes, the player's stats will show for whatever League(s) the game is associated with."

My question was, will the deleted player's stats show up on the team's website under the stats tab for whatever league (tournament) they played in - not just on the Player Card. Likewise, will the deleted player's stats show up on the team's website under the game tab stats?
No, those are Team stats and those players wont be on the team. There arent League stats, just player or team. Leagues are just a filter applied to both. Team stats are shown on team websites.

Again, just make them inactive and set roster preference to display only active players.
Mark

rgossard

Post by rgossard » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:24 am

Okay, that will work. Perhaps you can help me with one more - When I change the "Default League" under settings on the website from "All" to any other League I used during the season, "All" still shows up when I click the Stats or Game tabs? I will want to create a "Fall 2012" league and set that as my default league, but from what I'm seeing now, the "All" league will still pop up.