Player Deletions

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Player Deletions

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:21 am

When you set the default league, it is saying for a new user coming to the site, that is the league that will be displayed. Once you have visited the site and selected a league, a cookie is written to remember the league you are viewing so that as you navigate to other parts of the website, it will stay on the same selected league. This means if you browse away and go back, it will remember the last league you selected.

If you want to see what a brand new user visiting the site sees, try clearing your browser cache and cookies, closing your browser completely, then opening the browser and going back to your team site.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
rgossard

Post by rgossard » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:14 am

Okay, it's showing the "Default" league I select now under settings. My question remains, under what circumstances would I check "All" and/or "Default" under the League Manager of the iPad?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:12 am

While scoring, we would suggest always having All and Default checked (although if you do not use "Default" for reporting, then that one is unnecessary). By keeping All checked while scoring, you will always see all of your players / games and not accidentally create a second copy of the same player.

When reporting, you would uncheck the All league and only check the league(s) you want to report on.

If you have a lot of data, and want to filter it while scoring, then you could Uncheck All then as well and see just the data for the league(s) you have checked. Just be careful not to create additional copies of players that may not be in your currently selected league(s). If you do accidentally create a second player, you can always merge them later, but we get a lot of questions about why a particular player's stats are not looking right, and 90%+ of the time, it is because a user has created a second copy of a player.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
rgossard

Post by rgossard » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:01 pm

Thanks. Pretty sure I got it now.