courtesy runner in pitch by pitch

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
coach1

courtesy runner in pitch by pitch

Post by coach1 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:05 am

I cant find how to insert a courtedy runner in pitch by pitch. I go to sustitution and cant find it under offense. It just takes me to the screen for def/off subs but no option for vortedy runner
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: courtesy runner in pitch by pitch

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:17 pm

During a game, you would tap the runner and then tap Courtesy Runner. We do not have a way to put in a courtesy runner post game, but you can do a substitution post game to get the same net effect. Go to the pitch after the batter makes it on base, tap Edit next to Substitutions for that pitch and put the courtesy runner in the batter's spot. At the end of the inning (or after the runner scores), tap Edit next to substitutes on the following event and sub the players back to their original lineup positions.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
oconnor.jb

Post by oconnor.jb » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:16 pm

related question (I think I already know the answer, but I bet others don't):

if the courtesy runner comes around to score, who gets credit for the Run,
the courtesy runner? or the original batter?

I think it is little details like this that get missed the most with paper-based scorekeeping and part of what makes iScore such a wonderful tool.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:26 pm

The courtesy runner gets credit for anything they do on the base path (steals, scoring, caught stealing, etc). The batter only gets credit for what they did (base hit, walk, etc).
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs