Player Card

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
kyates1963

Player Card

Post by kyates1963 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:16 am

I know where the player card button is located and I know how to email it. We think the player card is great information! What I want to know is there a way to select a team and have it create a player card for every team member? I know I can do it for all 12 members individually. I was just hoping for a team option to get every player card at once.

I think the program is great and always improving. I show it off to every team. I know I saw on here a discussion about the positions and innings played being shown on the player card. Very helpful option. Someone asked for it on team stats. I want to second that request. I know I saw the response say above U11 players have positions and I understand that. It would still be helpful as our coaches try even at U12 to give them an opportunity at other spots.

Thanks.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Player Card

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:08 pm

We do not have an option to email the player cards for an entire team in a single email. You can email Team Stats which gives a summary of each player in a single email, but the Player Card emails are too large to include in a single email. Most email systems would reject them for size if we emailed them all in a single email.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
kyates1963

Post by kyates1963 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:01 am

I have found that the individual emails for player cards range from 30K for no photo player card to under 60K for ones with a photo. Even taking into account the high end with 12 players you are talking around 720K which is well under the limit of most messaging systems.

I thoroughly enjoy the program. I promote it to anyone who does book for other teams and coaches. This is just a minor request as I sat down and did the 12 player cards in 10 minutes. It would just be nice to say team - all player cards. I know what is in the team stats and the coaches like seeing that fairly often. They really like that I since I categorize the games as individual tournaments, non-league play, league play that they can have all kinds of combinations of the team stats.

Really there are two primary reasons for the player cards. Number of innings played at which position. Helps to show parents of our U12 team that players do play more than one position. The coaches also like seeing the individuals stats per game.

Thanks.
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:59 am

Would also like ability to send all at once.

My cards show between 39k-41k each w a picture. I don't think size restrictions would ever come into play.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
Egghead_#8

Post by Egghead_#8 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:53 am

Emailing off 14-20 player cards individually is a real hassle. Here's my recommendation. Give the option to "print" entire team of player cards and give a download option to one or more of the major online storage sites (ie. DropBox, Drive, etc.). It would just be one big PDF that is built and pushed to the storage site. So many apps out there allow for DropBox integration. This would allow you to bypass the whole email process for this and every other "email" part of the app. This would be a huge addition to the app and IMHO should be at the top of the enhancement list.
Egghead_#8

Post by Egghead_#8 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:34 am

Also the fact that every player card you email, the attachment is named the same every time means you have to save and rename the attachment for each and every player 'playercard.pdf'. This player card should be labeled based on at least the players name if not w/team and/or w/league.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:03 am

Thank you for the suggestions.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:29 am

Want to weigh in support for couple items

1) PDF file names.. this has been suggested before (and may be technically impossible) but changing the pdf name to be descriptive vs not same for all would be helpful to save more easily. (impacts all Player Cards, Team Stats, Game Stats etc)

2) idea to email all players on a team with a single click .. vs 9+..

3) Drop box integration.. interesting..
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:01 am

Using a different name for the attachments would actually break some automated processing that some iScore users have done to automatically save the PDFs that get emailed. By using the same names, automated processes can automatically save the file. When saving from an email viewer, just click Save As instead of save and you can give the file whatever name you want.
oconnor.jb

Post by oconnor.jb » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:54 pm

I think it would actually be better if an "All Player Cards" button on the Team Manager screen (there's plenty of room along the bottom edge) prompted for a single email address and then ran the "Player Card" action one time for each player on the roster. The Player Card emails have the player's name in the subject, so it would be easy to forward individual messages to player and/or parent, and most email clients will let you select multiple messages and forward them as a group, if you need to send all of them to other coaches.

This would also avoid any size issues, since the program would be generating multiple individual messages.

So far, storing and managing all the reports as mail messages seems to work just fine for me.