Adding a Batter during the game

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
saygiants

Adding a Batter during the game

Post by saygiants » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:30 pm

In our league, you can start with batting 9 players and as the game goes on you can add a batter to the bottom of the lineup in the 10th spot, 11th spot, 12th spot. I have never seen a team go beyond 12. But most will go to 10 if they are winning big or losing big.

Is there a way to add them. I tried to go into the lineup and I selected "batting" it did show number "10" in the order, but when I went back to the game, the #1 hitter was batting, not the 10th hitter.

Thanks,
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Adding a Batter during the game

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:27 pm

Once you have batted through the lineup, you can not add or remove positions from the lineup. If you expect that you may be adding batters to the lineup during the game, put some placeholder batters int he #10-#12 spots (or however many batters you would like), and when those players come up to bat, you can use "Misc, Skip Batter" to skip them if they are not batting. If / when they do come in the game, you can enter the batting result for them when it is their turn to bat again.
bdub007

Post by bdub007 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:41 am

I was able to add to the bottom of my lineup, but i had to make the decision to add him before the last batter in the order finishes his AB. Otherwise it reverts back to the top of the order. The other key to doing this is having all the players on my squad be on the lineup, but those players not yet batting need to have "No" selected under their 'Player Info' for 'Batting'. When you add someone to the bottom, you have to change the 'Player Info' to 'Yes' for 'Batting', and slide them into the bottom of the batting order.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:16 am

bdub007 -

you are correct, once the last batter in your line up finishes his at bat, your line up is locked. That is by design by FTM and a key thing to understand. the program needs to lock in the order at some time, but FTM has provided some work arounds like..

If you have a "bat all players" league, that allows straglers to show up late at any point and just be added to end of line up . I suggest you put all your names in up front and set all batters = yes batting, then as they come up to bat you can skip them if they no show, (skip by Misc button, skip batter, no out choice). If you do not know who and how many will show up later, you should create placeholder players... player 12, player 13, player 14 etc - as much as you will need. an advantage to setting all players to bat = yes in your case would be the ability to bat more players than you start with.. If you start with some players bat = no, they are available to sub in for an replace a batter later but not add to the number batting when they do show.

make sense?