Late arriving sub

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
qcompgreg

Late arriving sub

Post by qcompgreg » Tue May 29, 2012 7:21 pm

Little league. All players bat, only 10 play in the field. A team has 12 players. 2 minutes before the game starts, 2 guys arent there. I set them as inactive and configure the game. As the game is underway, the 11th player shows up after my lineup is set. How should have set the 2 absent players so that I can insert them into the lineup if they show up after the game starts?
clmazin

Re: Late arriving sub

Post by clmazin » Wed May 30, 2012 12:02 am

If their position in the lineup hasn't yet occurred, you can hit MISC, show starting lineup, then add a player to the bottom, I believe.

If their position has been passed by, i.e. your team has reached the top of the order, then you can't insert them into the lineup.
Danger

Post by Danger » Wed May 30, 2012 2:40 am

In a rec league situation like that, where all players bat, I'd set all 12 up in the starting lineup with the two non-present players at the bottom of the lineup.

When it gets to Player 11 and he's still not there, I'd use the Misc>>Skip Batter>>Not an Out. Repeat for Batter #12. Then, if one or both guys arrive before their next at-bat, you've already got them in the lineup.

If Player 12 happens to arrive and Player 11 is not there yet, then I'd go into the Misc>>Starting Lineup and rearrange them in the batting order to move Player 12 ahead of Player 11.
qcompgreg

Post by qcompgreg » Wed May 30, 2012 3:34 am

Nice. Skip, not an out. That would have worked perfectly.
I definately wont make them 'inactive' again. That led to all sorts of game time stress for me.