Export overwrites notes from admin.

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
FDT92

Export overwrites notes from admin.

Post by FDT92 » Thu May 24, 2012 9:07 am

Sorry if this has been covered.

1) If I add notes to the admin website for a player (or enter coach 1,2,3), that information get's lost the next time I do an export from my ipad.

2) Player name entered on the device (Elizabeth "Sis") shows up correctly, but if I edit the roster using the Admin, it places / in front of the quotes. The only way to make it go away is to export from the device, see issue #1.

3) Trying to edit game location from admin. 2 of the 7 games show a location of 0,0 and the changes are not saved when I pick the correct location from the map. All 7 games were played the same weekend (no wifi) and all were just set to scorecast sync this morning at the same time.
mprusak

Re: Export overwrites notes from admin.

Post by mprusak » Thu May 24, 2012 9:51 am

1. After adding notes, you need to do an import.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Export overwrites notes from admin.

Post by FTMSupport » Thu May 24, 2012 11:09 am

To expand on what mprusak said a bit - when you are going to make edits on the Admin Website, you must follow these steps:

1. Do an Options -> Export from iScore (this copies your device data to the server)

2. Make your edits on the admin website

3. Do an Options -> Import to copy your changes back to your device

If you are not doing step #3, then your next export will overwrite the notes because they were never copied back to your device.

For the game locations, we did find something that could cause it to not save when you update the game location on the map in some cases. This should now be fixed.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs