New iPad

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: New iPad

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:38 am

Photos do not transfer between devices. You would have to re add the photos on the new device.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
City

Post by City » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:40 am

FTMSupport wrote:Photos do not transfer between devices. You would have to re add the photos on the new device.
ok. What is the best way to do that? Can I take the photos out of Iscore and save them elsewhere? The originals are probably long gone...
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:05 am

If you log in to the old Admin Website, you can right-click on the photos there and do a Save As, then log in to the new Admin Website and you can add the photos from there.

(Although with Basketball, you may want to email the photos to yourself after downloading so you can add them from within iScore Basketball so they appear on the player photos there in addition to the iScorecasts.)
bepeacock

Post by bepeacock » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:50 am

jcbeckman wrote:Realize that your customer ID has changed (it is tied to the *device*) so you will need to do an export ASAP to generate the data for your new account at FTM's servers.
I really wish I had realized this before I upgraded devices. :/ I didn't realize it until this new season but I lost everything I had before on my old iPad. Not only that, for some reason I had to re-purchase the app. I bought it back in the day when it was separate iPhone and iPad versions. When I got my Air 2 last winter, I decided to re-build from scratch rather than from back up. Sometimes it's just nice to do that, but obviously there are hazards. This week I searched for iScore realizing I hadn't downloaded it. Wasn't in purchased; only came up as $9.99 in the store. Oh well.

But, I apparently also lost the 3-4 years of games I kept because I'm pretty sure I never exported my data. I only keep score as a hobby at our AA MiLB team; it's not like I'm ever going to use those game scores for anything, but I don't necessarily like that they are gone, especially the games I scored when I went on a major league baseball park vacation last year in the northeast. Just to kind of have those records as a memory. I suppose I could go ahead and do a restore back from just after I got back, then export, wipe the iPad again, and re-restore to my today's backup. But what a hassle, and can I even guarantee that a) the old non-universal app will download and b) the game data is stored in the backup file?

I'd encourage devs to look at some kind of automatic export or backup (to iCloud Drive) option for idiots like me.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:42 am

There actually is automatic backup as well (synchronization). If you know your old customer ID, or we can find it based on email addresses you may have emailed stats to, you can recover all your old data from our servers. Just email us at support@iscoresports.com with your information.

As far as purchases... if you are logging in to the App Store with the same account you originally purchased with, and go to the Purchases tab, it will let you install anything you have previously purchased with that account without paying again. This is true of iScore and any application. We do not have control of this process - it is handled by Apple or Google (wherever you purchased from), and if it is not showing your previous purchase, you would have to contact the support site for the app store you made the purchase from to see why that is.