output format: box score (as in newspaper)

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
cartorob

output format: box score (as in newspaper)

Post by cartorob » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:44 am

Hi - iScore newbie and gospel spreader - I just scored my first game last night and I've already told four of my baseball-loving scoring friends about it... I think you could get a cut from Apple about all the iPhones they'll be selling to my friends who just want iScore! You all rock.

As I was scoring, and marveling at all the cool stuff, I was surprised not to find a box score, like you'd find in the paper - you know, where Mickey Morandini and Steve Jeltz's names and lines would appear thusly:

Mndni 2b-ss 5 0 1 1
Jeltz ss 3 0 0 0

Am I missing something? Ideally, such a box score would appear on the fly, like the scorecard does, so you'd see it as you would on espn.com etc. 9 batters in the lineup, with pitchers appearing below.

I searched box score through the FAQ and didn't find anything, nor did I find anything in the videos, but I might have missed it completely - apologies in advance if so.

tx again
OhioTex

Re: output format: box score (as in newspaper)

Post by OhioTex » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:06 am

you are correct, do not have in current version 2.01.03..

it has been mentioned before in threads
(http://iscore.freeforums.org/new-user-q ... l?hilit=Re" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false: New user questions)
Response is ...
We do not currently have a "newspaper style" box score. We will be looking at adding more reporting options in future versions.

you do get a 'score board box score' in the HTML output along with full stats when you email, but not the newspaper style box score with player names / key plays. as noted.

hope this helps...