Substituting as a pinch hitter

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
joehyuk

Substituting as a pinch hitter

Post by joehyuk » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:01 pm

When I substitute someone in as a pinch hitter, I make a substitution on the offense side only (i.e., I make the change to the lineup only), as the player does not (yet) take the field. Then, when that player's team takes the field, I make whatever defensive changes are necessary. Is this the proper way to do it or is there some way to designate the player as a pinch hitter? I ask because iScorecast does not show the player as a PH.
OhioTex

Re: Substituting as a pinch hitter

Post by OhioTex » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:20 pm

joehyuk -

Version 2.0 has substantially changed how you do pinch hitters. (for the beter)
if you have not updated to 2.0 you should.

the training videos cover the new substitution and pitch hitter rules.
Video 3 or 4 specifically, though i can not recall which is DH.
http://iscore.fasterthanmonkeys.com/training.jsp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

there is also a thread on DH where FTM describes the situations and how to best enter.

http://iscore.freeforums.org/defensive- ... -t387.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

hope this helps
joehyuk

Post by joehyuk » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:40 pm

It looks like I do it like the tutorial suggests. I guess maybe it's a bug with the iscorecast, as the lineup displayed in the iscorecast doesn't show a pinch hitter as PH, but leaves the defensive position blank. Which is, I guess, technically correct, but not as nice as putting in PH.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:50 pm

Yes, that is the expected behavior until a defensive position is assigned to the player or another player comes in for the pinch hitter.

Pinch hitting is really an action, not a position.