iScorecast Playback - Finally 2.0 is here

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: iScorecast Playback - Finally 2.0 is here

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:30 pm

Well the good news is both games now work for us where they didnt before so it is likely a caching issue with your browser where your browser still has the old player code. We are using the link http://iscorecast.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false with the customer ID you sent us. Direct links to games will be a feature available when user websites are up and running.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:32 pm

brentwalker wrote:Where exactly should I be seeing the replay button? I see the sound icon and the full screen icon but no other icon of sorts.
Reply button is to the right of "The Game Has Ended" ... jus below the OUT light board
brentwalker

Post by brentwalker » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:55 pm

I checked it when I got home and yes it is working. Wow, this is real cool. There needs to be some sort of fast forward or rewind so that if you are looking for one particular inning or at bat you can click and get there (somehow). Thanks this is real cool. I have already shown several friends and they were jealous.
brentwalker

Post by brentwalker » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:57 pm

So how does this work if you are scoring the game live? Is there a synchronize option somewhere you can push while the game is in progress?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:24 pm

For "jumping around in a game", we are going to be making it so you click on a half inning in the box score, and the game will start playing from that point.

In a live game, when someone goes to the site, it syncs them up to the current point of the game, and they see pitches live as they are updated. They can not replay a game until the game is complete however.
brentwalker

Post by brentwalker » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:26 pm

Way cool, so I am guessing that there is a quick way to sync during a game. I havent seen that yet but I'm sure its easy.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:47 pm

If you are talking about syncing as a viewer of the game, it is automatic... as soon as the user goes in to view the game, they are brought to the current point in the game immediately (including seeing the Pitch by Pitch listing for everything that has happened up to that point).

If you are talking about syncing as the scorekeeper --- that happens in real time as long as you have iScorecast enabled. On rare occassions, network congestions may cause an event to be lost, in which case the following pitch would typically get the user caught back up (each pitch gets sent with complete update info for score, who is on what base, etc). The "i-ScoreCast Synchronize" button (internally code named "Caster Blaster") will re-send all pitch data to the iScorecast server, or it can be used to send all pitch data for past games to the iScorecast server.

Normally for live games, this would not be needed at all.
AndzikD

Post by AndzikD » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:20 am

I was scoring the "test" game in real time and watch it on iScorecast. It is fast and fun to watch.
The only problem is, now I can't remove the game from the iSorecast.

Maybe the game management should be in the APP ? Like synchronizing is all ready in APP and removing (new) and, when you delete the game from the App it should be a question about removing the game from iScorecast.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:30 am

We will be coming up with ways to manage what scorecasts are up there --- it will be part of the web portal we are working on. For now, if you would like a game removed and can not wait for a way to manage on your own, you can email us your customer ID and the game you want removed, and we can do it for you.

By doing it outside of the iScore application itself, we will not have to wait for an approval process.