V2.0 Player Card Help

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
OhioTex

V2.0 Player Card Help

Post by OhioTex » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:53 am

Help, I am missing something obvious, when i click on a "player's card" I get
" no summary stats available for this player" . Though I know we have stats for him.
(fyi - on the player card, all my league(s) are listed in italics, including Default and All, because i have them all checked on in league manager)... .

I tried to access the player card through bolth team manager and player manager - both ways with same non result,
1) Player manager>specific player> player card .... No Summary Stats ...
2)Team Manager> Team Name> roster> specific player .... No Summary Stats ...

I know i have stats for the player and can get and email them through team stat mechanics
team manager > team stats > (wait)> voila -emailable spreadsheet for batting, pitching, fielding (yeah).. shows 9 games and player batting avg 0.294 etc. Which i assume would be one of the player stats on the player card.

help
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: V2.0 Player Card Help

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:55 am

Ah yes... new games will show up with no additional prompting whatsoever. In order to get existing games to show up, you must cause it to recalculate the stats for each game. Player card stats are triggered two ways... upon game completion, or any time a game is edited. So probably the easiest way to get existing games to update on the player card is to go to either Game Manager or Score a Game, and go to the scoring screen (so you see "Game Over"). This will cause the stats for that game to be recalculated.

Why is this necessary?

We now store the stats in a summary table, and this table is populated in the ways seen above. This allows for much better performance when there are many games on a device (the idea being to eliminate the *wait* step you noted above when going through Team Stats). If is inconvenient to have to open each game one time, but for new games going forward, you will never have to do this step.

Thank you.
jdonato

Post by jdonato » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:04 am

Was having the same problem. Thanks for the clarification.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:11 am

Ok, that works !! The Big Key for others to note.. get to "Game Ovr Screen" That is the recalc trigger..

(I was so close, I thought there may be a regeneration needed and had gone to my team and viewed the team stats and emailed them, and gone to an individual game and viewed and emailed them .. thinking that woudl trigger..but had not.. I had not gone to "play" and see "game over" then exit. but that did trigger it. FYI it correctl did not change end date when i did this either. )

This brings up a related question, for pre v2.0 players and league manager....

I expected once a player was assigned to a league (and now has player card stats) he would disapear if that league was turned off. (like it does for my MLB players and leagues). perhaps i need to get all games re calculated before that will happen .. wil go do that and report back..
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:28 am

All pre v2.0 players are automatically assigned to a League called "Default". You can take them out of that league, and set them to only the leagues you want. A player will only show in the player lists if at least one of the leagues they are in is currently active. Stats will only show on their baseball card for games that are in a league that is active (remember, games can be assigned leagues as well... this is useful for a weekend tournament or separating playoffs from regular season, etc...)

The baseball card shows the currently active leagues that were used to calculate the statistics at the bottom of the card. By default after a fresh install of version 2.0 (or upgrade to version 2.0), it will say:

League(s): Default, All
jdonato

Post by jdonato » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:43 am

OK
I went and opened all my games (luckily, they were not hundreds), got back to Team- Team Stats, and no matter what after a loong wait, it crashes and takes me to the main iPhone screen. I can get the Player card stats, though.

Something strange: there are players with games on Dec 31 1969. There has to be an error somewhere, and maybe this is the problem with the team stats. I'll report back.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:53 am

I am now good on 'updateing' my pre 2.0 players to 2.0 Player Stat Cards and Leagues.

to get there, does take some time (recapping my process

A ) align leagues/teams/games/players
- set up the desired leagues in league manager
- assign designated teams to their appropriate leagues (team by team)
- assign designated games to their appropriate leagues (game by game)
- assign designated players to their appropriate leagues (player by player)
(yes player by player as they do not get there just by assigning teams and/or games)

B) Regenerate stats
- go game by game, and retrigger stat generation (game by game)
(how: game manager> Designated Game > Play > (see game over) > Exit > Back

Now the data seems 'retrofitted' . player cards and visibility when leagues are turned on and off seems to operate as expected

Thanks again FTM for makeing the software flexible enough to retrofit prior games and data into 2.0 leagues and player cards... did take some time but worth

if one did not need prior history, may be easier to delete teams/games/players and just start fresh with leagues (but where is the fun in that)
jdonato

Post by jdonato » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:24 am

jdonato wrote:OK
I went and opened all my games (luckily, they were not hundreds), got back to Team- Team Stats, and no matter what after a loong wait, it crashes and takes me to the main iPhone screen. I can get the Player card stats, though.

Something strange: there are players with games on Dec 31 1969. There has to be an error somewhere, and maybe this is the problem with the team stats. I'll report back.

I went and fixed all game start and end dates (had some without ending date, even though screen showed that Game has ended; had two with "Invalid start date", don't know how....) and now my player cards are correct. Still, going to Team Manager--Team Info and clicking over "Team Stats" makes me wait 3 and a half minutes, Crashes and returns me to the main iPhone app screen.

Any ideas?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:53 am

Export your db and we will take a look at it. We have your customer id.
jdonato

Post by jdonato » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:25 am

FTMSupport wrote:Export your db and we will take a look at it. We have your customer id.
Thanks, will do right now.