Catchers Interference

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
brentwalker

Catchers Interference

Post by brentwalker » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:42 am

This weekend, we had a batter reach first base due to hitting the catchers mit while trying to swing at the pitch. The catcher extended his glove into the hitting zone and nicked the glove. The ump called catchers interference and sent the runner to 1st base.

I did not find catchers interference as an in-play option. I see catchers obstruction, not sure what that is, but I did not find catchers interference. Where can I find that category in the app?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Catchers Interference

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:04 pm

Catcher's Obstruction and Catcher's Interference are the same thing. Catcher's Obstruction is the term used in high school (NFHS) rules, but represents the same thing.
W6ORZ

Re: Catchers Interference

Post by W6ORZ » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:47 pm

Interesting to see this question. I've never seen catcher interference in an actual game - until this weekend! I doubt if it was the same game that brentwalker saw. It looks like he's from Texas. I was in in NY for a game between York (PA) and Long Island (Atlantic League) and Pete Rose Junior ended up on first base due to catcher interference. He actually hit a fly ball to left. I was recording the out. Then I looked up and saw Petey on 1st. Undo and I guessed that Onstruction and Interference were the same thing. God I love this app!!!