Inputting rosters

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
mhuntoon

Inputting rosters

Post by mhuntoon » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:48 pm

First off, let me say that I'm VERY impressed with this app as well as the customer service I've witnessed while viewing this board for the past several weeks. Your video tutorials, quick response and willingness to incorporate enhancement suggestions from customers, and the app itself are all well ahead of what I've seen from most app developers.

With that out of the way, I had a quick question. I know that we can export data from the app to Excel (via the .csv option in e-mail) but what about inputting data from an Excel spreadsheet. What I'm thinking is this - as a coach, I'm given the full rosters of each team in my league after the draft. There are always a small number of kids that either join or drop out of the league, but the vast majority of the info in the spreadsheet will be correct all season long. I'd like to be able to take this spreadsheet (modify it if necessary) and have the rosters input into the app for me rather than having to type each name individually via the iPhone. Spelling errors, uniform numbers, new/dropped kids would then be done very simply on the fly, but having this data on my iPhone ahead of time will go a LONG way toward convincing my scorekeeper to use the app.

Obviously, if it isn't an option, I'll simply enter the data myself with my big fat non-textworthy hands :) but if I could do it via Excel, it would really put this thing over the top for me.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to 2.0 being approved. I've submitted my review already (toon184).
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Inputting rosters

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:56 pm

We will be adding ways to import data for your rosters when we roll out the web site capabilities. We do not have a date yet for that option, but it is likely going to be within a few weeks of Apple approving 2.0 (whenever that is). This will allow you to use a computer keyboard instead of requiring input on the iPhone keypad.

Thank you.
mhuntoon

Post by mhuntoon » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:10 pm

8 minutes to not only give me an answer, but one that makes me happy. :)
Ryan

Post by Ryan » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:53 am

Has this feature now been added? If so, is there a basic instruction sheet/tutorial anywhere that I might start with?
jdonato

Post by jdonato » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:35 pm

Hi and welcome, Ryan.

I don't think all the website capabilities are ready yet, although iScorecast is very impressive...

But, for very good instructional material (videos, pdf, etc) please go to http://iscore.fasterthanmonkeys.com/training.jsp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this helps...
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:45 pm

You can create/edit teams and rosters at http://my.iscorecentral.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. You just have to register your device (instructions are provided on the page).
rbruning

Post by rbruning » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:30 pm

Do you have a target date for when the 2010 MLB rosters will be available and potential pricing?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:33 pm

We have the 2010 rosters running in our test environment right now. The functionality will be included in our next release to Apple (which we expect will be in the next few days). The cost is most likely going to be $19.99 for the year.

Thank you for your interest.
rbruning

Post by rbruning » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:20 am

Once MLB rosters are ordered online, and PayPal receipt received, how long until an activation code is sent out?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:24 am

You should receive it within minutes. If you have placed the order, and not received an activation code, please email us directly at support@fasterthanmonkeys.com, and we will get you an activation code right away. Please include your Customer ID (bottom left of Options menu in iScore) so we can find your order online.

Sometimes the auto-generated email with the activation code can be filtered out as "SPAM" or "Junk Mail", but if you email us, we will respond with your activation code.

Thank you.