Is there a need to retain Opponent Teams in iScore Baseball?

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
dnonnema

Is there a need to retain Opponent Teams in iScore Baseball?

Post by dnonnema » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:51 am

I use iScore for my son's travel baseball team, and throughout the course of a season I create approximately 40-50 opponent teams. The stats of the opposing teams, or the players are irrelevant for my purposes, and at the end of last season I deleted all the opponent teams I created.

My question: Is what I described above the recommended approach, or best practice? Is there a reason to keep all the teams in the database?
team mom

Re: Is there a need to retain Opponent Teams in iScore Baseball?

Post by team mom » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:00 am

I never delete anything on iscore. The data storage space required is minimal and you never know if you will regret it.

I also find in the travel softball world, that we face the "same" teams year to year. Some players may come and go, but for the core that remain, we have a history on that team and can produce opponent hitting charts prior to each tournament. If you track pitching, you can see how your team does against particular pitchers.

You also create history for individual players who you may face later or who may even try out for your team. I do not track defensive subbing for our opponents (except for pitchers) but the hitting history is accurate.

If your database is getting cluttered, you can use leagues to filter what you see.
Team Mom

Check out the new iscore documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:14 am

Agree with Team Mom.

No good reason to delete. Use leagues to manage the data set as it grows.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
dnonnema

Post by dnonnema » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:21 am

Thanks for the speedy response. I will follow suit.
Jas

Post by Jas » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:13 am

There is nothing like having a little spray chart for someone you played last year. Old data is VERY handy. Good luck!