We didn't skip a batter

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
Jas

We didn't skip a batter

Post by Jas » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:21 pm

I had a kid get sick during the game. We removed him from the game (without penalties per our rules), but the score keeper forgot to skip him the next time he came up. Every at bat for the rest of the game is off by one. Is it possible to fix that in post-game editing? If so, how? Or, do I need to undo back to the mistake?

Thanks,

Jas
Jas

Re: We didn't skip a batter

Post by Jas » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:39 pm

I should add, he batted once before we pulled him m
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:13 pm

With a mistake like that (entering many player at bats in the wrong place) you will really want to undo and score from that point forward.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Jas

Post by Jas » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:33 am

Thanks for your prompt response.
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:05 am

I make it a habit (and I bet your score keeper will now, too) to constantly check the actual batter/base runners against what iScore says. Surprised that you could go multiple times thru the order and not notice that though.

That said, for rescoring the game, print up the play by play and then undo back to the point of the mistake. Or, create a new game, pull up the iscorecast of the bad game AND use the play by play to recreate. Then delete the original game.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
Jas

Post by Jas » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:09 am

The scorekeeper chose to make the player "not batting" from the time the player left the game sick. That removed him from the starting lineup. From that point forward, the scorecard was screwed up (had an empty slot on the bottom with data for an at bat), but the batters that came up were all correct.

I found that I could go back in and repair (edit) the lineup card and fix the scorecard problem, BUT I couldn't edit the skipped batter later in the game.

My scorekeeper is sick about it bc it threw off everyone's stats. We'll get it fixed, we just have to do it the long way.

Is printing the play-by-play difficult? I've never had to do that.
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:00 pm

Ahhh, got it.

No problem, can be fixed. Rescoring a game is pretty simple.

Printing play by play from the admin or team website is straight forward. Just select the play by play and print right from your browser or copy/paste to word (or similar).

I would rescore a new game and then delete the old.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!