Easy way to import a spreadsheet of all players?

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
SiliconTiger

Easy way to import a spreadsheet of all players?

Post by SiliconTiger » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:54 am

Spring Little League season is about to begin, and we've got 130 players that I need to put into iScore (10 teams, 13 players each). I can't find an easy way to take a spreadsheet which shows all the players and their teams and import. Is this possible to do within iScore (on the iPad) or via the admin website? Even if I could just important the players without the associated teams that would be a big help!

Thanks.
jcbeckman

Re: Easy way to import a spreadsheet of all players?

Post by jcbeckman » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:26 am

You can make a text file and import on the Admin site. Put in at least the teams, then do an export. Go to the Admin site. Go to each team, and click on the "view roster" button (the first one in "Options"). Click on "edit". In the lower left corner, click on the button with multiple helmets. An input box will open up with instructions to the right. Here's the format you need in the text file:

FirstName LastName # Position Batting Bats Throws

Only First name and last name are required.

Uncheck "Batting by default" if you don't want everyone marked "batting=yes" (and you probably don't). Paste your text file into the box, then hit "Add Batch".
SiliconTiger

Re: Easy way to import a spreadsheet of all players?

Post by SiliconTiger » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:28 am

Thanks, works like a charm!