TIP: How to Manage Starting Line Up & Substitutions (and why different) - FAQ

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
team mom

Re: Tutorial on Substitutions vs Starting Line Ups

Post by team mom » Thu May 23, 2013 8:06 am

The Yes/NO buttons apply to starting lineup only. It wouldn't change for later substitutions.
Team Mom

Check out the new iscore documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
oconnor.jb

Post by oconnor.jb » Thu May 23, 2013 8:32 am

When you say
DuncanG wrote: it appears that when you tap and do the defense/offense change, the batting satus "YES/NO" is not automatically switched....unless I am missing something.
what are you looking at? If you're looking back at the Starting Lineup, then no, it won't appear to have changed, since the Starting Lineup reflects who was in the batting order at the beginning of the game. I only have my phone device with me right now, which doesn't show the Active Lineup, but I'm assuming that on my tablet the Active Lineup that is displayed would show the substitution in the correct place in the order, and the player substituted for is gone.

I've scored lots of games using substitutions in the batting order, and iScore has handled it perfectly.
Beelzebot44

Post by Beelzebot44 » Fri May 01, 2015 11:35 am

I used the app for the first time last week, and just wanted to say that substitutions are handled fantastically. Our league has free defensive subbing and if you hit for a guy they can re-enter in that spot and everything worked perfectly stat wise, assigning ABs to the correct guy.

The only thing I had trouble with was the opposing pitcher. I hadn't gotten their roster before the game, so I entered placeholders and edited them as the game went along. When I entered the pitcher it reset the pitch count and stats and showed him as two different players during the game. In the end it showed correctly, but is this going to happen if I make any changes to the pitcher during the game? I have all the rosters now, but will need to edit uniform numbers as they weren't provided with the rosters and would like to know if I should just write it down and wait until after?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri May 01, 2015 9:21 pm

If you just sub in new pitchers during a game, it will track the pitch counts correctly throughout the game. If you go back and edit a pitcher in pitch by pitch during the game, the "in game live pitch counts" will not be correct. The actual Stats will be correct... but it requires a full calculation of stats in order for that type of edit to update properly (which viewing stats will do).
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs