iscore webite and have a question about data

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
Reds Fan

iscore webite and have a question about data

Post by Reds Fan » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:03 am

Hello,
I set up an iscore webite and have a question about data...

Does all team & game data for all leagues on my ipad upload to the iscore servers?

I will have 2 leagues on my ipad, high school team league & summer team league. I am scoring the high school season for fun & will delete these games once the high school season is over. I am the official score keeper for the summer team & want to keep these games/upload to my iscore website.

1.) high school season, no web site, delete games when season is over in early May.

2.) summer team, has an iscore website, keep games so head coach can download to his ipad after each game.

Each team will have it's own league.

Players who are on both the high school & summer league will have seprate player profiles, example: Jim Smith MHS for high school team & Jim Smith for summer team.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: iscore webite and have a question about data

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:04 am

There is never a reason to delete games. You can use leagues to separate them, but they do not take up much space, so deleting them is really not necessary.

A Team Website is only attached to a single team. It can be a single team with multiple Leagues (seasons), and each league will show in a dropdown menu on the Team Website, so you can view the stats for each league. But it must be a single team. Two separate teams would require two Team Websites.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
danmcc

Post by danmcc » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:30 am

A follow up to FTM's post. You can set a default as to which league shows up first on your website. So assuming the team name is the same for HS and summer, you can default to HS team league during the HS season then change the default in the summer. Stats will be available for both via the drop down menu for reference.
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:32 am

Reds Fan wrote:Hello,
I set up an iscore webite and have a question about data...

Does all team & game data for all leagues on my ipad upload to the iscore servers?

I will have 2 leagues on my ipad, high school team league & summer team league. I am scoring the high school season for fun & will delete these games once the high school season is over. I am the official score keeper for the summer team & want to keep these games/upload to my iscore website.

1.) high school season, no web site, delete games when season is over in early May.

2.) summer team, has an iscore website, keep games so head coach can download to his ipad after each game.

Each team will have it's own league.

Players who are on both the high school & summer league will have seprate player profiles, example: Jim Smith MHS for high school team & Jim Smith for summer team.
I don't think using separate player profiles is best practice either. I think leagues should be used to manage players as well. I think this approach ultimately provides most flexibility.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
Reds Fan

Post by Reds Fan » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:04 pm

Thanks for the advice. Would assigning a player to multiple leagues co-migle his overall stats or does the league designation keep this from happeneing?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:23 pm

By using leagues, you are able to report on the stats as "Lifetime stats", and/or view the cumulative stats for each League you create.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:31 am

@ Reds Fan.. Many of us have the same scenario you do and iScore handles it well. understanding Leagues is the key.

If you have not ever watched the League tutorial. highly recommended
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/kb/faq ... _stats.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Reds Fan

Post by Reds Fan » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:26 am

If you have 1 player set up in 2 leagues and one team has one name & his 2nd team has a different name how does iscore differentiate between the 2 teams for the 1 player? Would the player have 2 profiles in Player Manager?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:07 am

The player would Only have one entry in Player manager but you can view stats for one team it the other and see how the player did on each team.
Reds Fan

Post by Reds Fan » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:44 am

Wow that works great! Thanks.