-scoring question

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
coldandscared

-scoring question

Post by coldandscared » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:12 pm

- runners on 2nd and 3rd no outs. The batter takes a full swing- hitting a slow roller that dies on the 3rd baseline; the pitcher fields the ball checking the runner on 3rd (who holds on the bag) then turns to make the throw to 1st but sees hes to late and so holds the throw. Pitcher probably could of had the batter if he had gone to 1st with out checking the runner- but would have been close. Hit or FC?
Hugeshocker

Re: -scoring question

Post by Hugeshocker » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:35 pm

hit
bsweetser

Post by bsweetser » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:04 pm

In this case, it would be at the discretion of the scorer. Because no out was made on the play though, I do not think it could be ruled as a Fielder's Choice. It would either be a hit or an error. As you have described it, I would call it a hit.
bsweetser

Post by bsweetser » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:10 pm

More specifically on my response: because no attempt was made to get the runner at third out (he was just looked back), it could not be considered a fielder's choice. A fielder's choice does not require an out to be made. My apologies if I caused any confusion.

ben
brentwalker

Post by brentwalker » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:17 pm

Hit - Pitcher held the ball too long. Mental Error but not an error for the scorebook. Batter/runner has good luck!