How do I score this (RE: DP's)

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
randkos3

How do I score this (RE: DP's)

Post by randkos3 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:04 am

I've tried different ways of scoring this situation but I can't hit on a way to credit PO, Assists and DP to the players involved.
The situation:
Runner on 1st, Batter hits line drive to SS, SS catches ball (PO) and then fires (assist) back to 1B (PO) for the out. In my eyes it's a double play and the SS and 1B should be credited with a DP.
How can this be scored and all defensive players credited with their actions?

SS--> 1 PO, 1 Assist, DP
1B--> 1 PO, DP
danmcc

Re: How do I score this (RE: DP's)

Post by danmcc » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:37 am

Here's how I did it

Out
line drive
locate
who touched, 6-3
what happened at first? out, DP
randkos3

Post by randkos3 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:02 pm

Thanks Danmcc . . .
I did a trial - using your steps - and it worked almost perfectly. The SS was creditted with a PO, Assist and a DP . . . while the 1B was creditted with a PO and a DP. But, on the scorecard, it shows the Runner (from 1st) being "FO" between 1st and 2nd. That's not exactly true - but good enough for me.
Thanks again.
Coach Barr

Post by Coach Barr » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:24 pm

I ran into this exact same play while scoring a game this weekend. Didn't know exactly what to do. The option I was looking for was the the base runner on first was out because she did not tag up. I have been a Turbo stats user for almost 10 years. Thought I would give this a try because of the socrecast. Anyway, Turbo stats would record the out as DNT (did not tag up). This should probably be an option that needs to be added.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:21 pm

The correct scoring on the play is Double Play for the runner at first base. You can add a note to the play that says "DNT" if you would like, but the statistic associated with the play is Double Play.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs