Order of games in Game Manager

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
clmazin

Order of games in Game Manager

Post by clmazin » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:17 pm

I've preloaded all of our team's games into iScore. Interestingly, the screen lists the games in reverse chronological order (i.e. the final game of the season is listed first, and the first is listed last). Is there a display setting I'm missing?

If not, I think it might be more intuitive to display the games in ascending, rather than descending, chronological order.
Camerabry

Re: Order of games in Game Manager

Post by Camerabry » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:44 pm

Most recent on top.... Why would you want it any other way?
clmazin

Post by clmazin » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:59 pm

I wouldn't. That's not how it's displaying for me. It's showing games scheduled for May on top, and games scheduled for late February on the bottom.
team mom

Post by team mom » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:15 am

It is showing the latest games first from a calendar perspective. Since may is after feb it goes on top. Most people do not pre-enter games so this does not come up much. It takes only seconds to create a game so doing it at the fields is pretty easy.
Team Mom

Check out the new iscore documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Camerabry

Post by Camerabry » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:35 pm

Oh, forgot people prebuilt their seasons some times.
caged1

Post by caged1 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:21 pm

I've run into this issue as well over the years. I need to at least enter a week's worth of games ahead of time because we us parent scorekeepers for our league. I'm not sure some even know which teams are playing let alone how many fielders and innings their division uses. Much easier to just tell them to look for the correct date and time at the top.
I've gotten in the habit of entering in the last games first and work my why back. In other words, using the scenario above, I would have entered May first and finished with February. That should put them in the order you need.
clmazin

Post by clmazin » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:10 pm

Hopefully FTM will take note and flip the order for a future update. It's a little awkward the way it is, but obviously not a fatal flaw.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:56 pm

If we flip the order, then when you go to view your games after they have been scored, you will have to scroll all the way to the bottom to see the most recent game you scored. The order it is in now is actually the most logical. After you have a couple years worth of data, you would have to scroll through all previous years before you get to your current set of games.

We would recommend that most people do not actually create games until game day (takes a few seconds to create a game), and then your most recent will always be right at the top of the list.

There are cases like @caged1 has where they have a reason for pre-creating a number of games ahead of time, but for the most part, waiting until the day of the game is the best way to go.

Another reason for doing this is the Roster creates the Lineup for the game at the time you create it. So if you pre-create a whole season of games, and your roster changes mid-season (add a player, or lose a player), then all the games you created ahead of time would either be missing the added player, or would still have the player no longer on the team in the lineup.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
jcbeckman

Post by jcbeckman » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:37 am

Yes, for most of us, the order is the way it should be.
caged1

Post by caged1 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:34 am

I actually agree with jcbeckman, I'm fine with the way the order is now and would not want it to change. My simple work around works fine for me and I wouldn't recommend anyone entering more than a few games in at a time for the reasons FTM mentions.