Team Websites

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
gadgetfreak

Team Websites

Post by gadgetfreak » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:22 pm

I came across this website: http://www.hometeamsonline.com/sportswe ... eampricing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false. I think I am going to sign up with them for a fall league for my son's 4th grade team where I am the assistant coach.

Is there a way to export data from iScore to this website? If not, do you recommend a different website where I can keep track of all the team info but also integrates with iScore?

Thanks.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Team Websites

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:30 pm

Hi gadgetfreak. We are actually getting very close to having our own offering for websites for customers as well. Version 2.0 of iScore gives us the hooks we need to allow us to offer this, and we are still finishing up the website portion of the offering. It will be fully integrated with iScore and allow roster editing, posting of scorecards, viewing of your data, etc. We do not have a date set for the offering yet, but a couple of our developers have kids that will be in fall leagues as well, and we are hoping to have the first version up and running in time for that.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
gadgetfreak

Post by gadgetfreak » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:35 pm

Sounds great. I am considering a yahoo group as well. Not as fancy but free and gets the job done. Will your offering have a fee?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:35 pm

There will likely be a small annual fee... certainly much less than even the site you mentioned above, and with more features / full integration with iScore. We have not set the pricing yet, but we feel it will be a great value. Of course, you are free to take the output we provide (PDF files, HTML files, CSV files with 2.0, etc) and put it up on any website you like... it just won't have the integration we will be providing.

We are hoping to have an announcement soon.
gadgetfreak

Post by gadgetfreak » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:17 am

Sounds great. The website I showed above does have a free version but it is limited. Here are some suggestions (besides the seamless transferring of stats to the website which will include a scoreboard and record):

1) Listserv functionality
2) Calendar with game/practice schedule
3) E-mail reminders of calendar events
4) Photo gallery
5) Upload other file types (maybe even video clips)
6) Password protected option

That is all I am really looking for though I am sure there are other features other parents might want.

BTW: Is there a support group for people who check the app store 5 times a day to see if the update is available? I think I may need to join :)
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:35 am

Thank you for the suggestions.

If there was a support group for watching for the update, we would be in it as well.
brianpilon

Post by brianpilon » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:07 pm

I am using eteamz for my teams web sites. Seems to be very popular. I coach and manage softball for my daughters and I am a freak when it comes to stats. They both pitch so they like to compare each others stats. If you do add a website option a calendar is first- away to let parents know about practice and events. A message board to give highlights of games and any team info. then a place for stats for games and players. A place for photos would be very nice. Email section to get a hold of parents. Also a way to change the color of the website to match the team and add the team logo. I love your iphone program I have scored well over 70 games with it between my 3 daughters. the stats are awesome. Adding a team website option to link both togther would be incrediable. I also am looking forward to the update. International tie breaker is a must. Also a way to correct old mistakes and set up leagues or tournaments. 2 questions though- is there a way to add a timer or show the start time on the main screen. Almost every game is timed and a way to watch it as i score would be very nice. I know it adds a start time but it doesnt show up until after the game and usually its not exactly when the umpire calls it. Just a way to start the clock when the umpire calls it and watch it from the main screen. The time is very important. Second is I know you have no control on apple but do you remember how long it took for the last update.

Thansk so much for your awesome application

Brian
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:50 pm

Thank you for the suggestions for the website.

We have a timer on our list of future enhancements... it is just a matter of prioritizing.

We have had updates take as little as 4 days, and as long as 2 weeks. We are now at 7 days (was submitted on July 15th).
brianpilon

Post by brianpilon » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:26 pm

Your support and response is clearly a 5 star- I will be the first to update my review as soon as the update is out. i understand you update pretty often and i hope you move the timer up on your list for your softball users its very important. games are lost if the time isnt managed smart, a timer is very important. either way once you have ITB and a way to update past games, It will be the best program on the site! Thanks
nkcaump

Post by nkcaump » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:41 pm

You might also consider instead of trying to reinvent the wheel - just to allow integration with Google Docs for Calendar and Spreadsheets. We use a joomla hook into Google Calendar on our site - that way it's easy for those who aren't the webmaster to update times, dates, etc. Plus you get the added benefit of Fasterthanmonkeys not needing to code something from scratch. Win-Win!!