How do I input two games in the same day (eg double header)

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
Rhinorobbo

How do I input two games in the same day (eg double header)

Post by Rhinorobbo » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:40 pm

I am due to score a double header today for two teams ... one at 1000hrs and the other at 1300hrs. (BTW ....If this was a gala / tournamant day then teams may play 4 games in the one day)

I gather that I just create two lots of teams (one for Team A 1000hrs, Team A 1300hrs and one for Team B 1000hrs , Team B 1300hrs) that then generate two games eg

Team A 1000hrs v Team B 1000hrs

Team A 1300hrs v Team B 1300hrs

This would give me cumulative stats for players but would have two lots of stats for the teams ie one for each game.

In time when I gather when 'leagues style info' is put into the app, it will have league name, age or grade comp, round or game number, date, time, ground location, diamond ...... etc
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: How do I input two games in the same day (eg double header)

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:19 pm

You can have more than one game for the same teams in the same day. They will be listed in the "picker" with the same titles, but you would know based on the order in the list which is the first, and which is the second game.

We have on our enhancement list to allow changing the titles of games, so that would be the way to identify each in the future, but this should not be a problem with the current version.

If they are in fact the same team, you should not create two different teams to represent them as cumulative stats would not know that the two different teams should be treated as one.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Rhinorobbo

Post by Rhinorobbo » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:54 pm

Thanks ... sounds logical to me .
rnwjr

Post by rnwjr » Sat May 16, 2009 11:56 pm

any timeframe on the release of the version to change the titles. This would help us out especially with entering the game info a week prior to the game...

Thank you for such a great app!!!
bsweetser

Post by bsweetser » Sun May 17, 2009 4:49 am

You can change the titles in the current release, but you need to do it when you create the game. Also, when you do it, be sure to hit the Return button on the keyboard after making the change before hitting the Done button at the top of the screen, or the change you make will not be retained. I was burned by that twice before figuring out what the problem was.

ben
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun May 17, 2009 8:18 am

Version 1.60 allows editing of any game name. That version should be approved any day now... it is just waiting on Apple.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs