Making changes after game is over

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
mprusak

Re: Making changes after game is over

Post by mprusak » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:21 am

Kind of understand what you are saying, but I assume this is based more on how iScore was developed than anything else.

A two base error, is a two base error. Logically, it should be able to be changed to a double. But, if iScore treats it as two events, I understand why it isn't capable of making the change.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
Mark Klopfenstein

Post by Mark Klopfenstein » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:20 am

Thank you.

The substition edit worked when I made the edit on the previous pitch.

As to the question about the error, it sounds like this is a real glitch if there is no way to change this into a double. The edit did eliminate the error in the scorebook and the stats. But the scorebook and stats are incorrect in showing a single as opposed to a double. If there is no way to edit this to show a double, then this should be a proposed enhancement. It sounds like when in doubt, similar situations should be initially scored as a hit, because the edit function can accomodate a change from an extra-base hit to an error, but not from an error with the batter reaching second (or third) to a double (or triple).
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:41 am

Mark Klopfenstein wrote:Thank you.

The substition edit worked when I made the edit on the previous pitch.

As to the question about the error, it sounds like this is a real glitch if there is no way to change this into a double. The edit did eliminate the error in the scorebook and the stats. But the scorebook and stats are incorrect in showing a single as opposed to a double. If there is no way to edit this to show a double, then this should be a proposed enhancement. It sounds like when in doubt, similar situations should be initially scored as a hit, because the edit function can accomodate a change from an extra-base hit to an error, but not from an error with the batter reaching second (or third) to a double (or triple).
...or home [or home run]... :)

I agree with your assessment...best to score as extra base hit if any doubt.

Would love to see the ability to make this change too, but fear that its a pretty complicated change, based on FTM remarks.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!