Out of town tournament rosters

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
gcagora

Out of town tournament rosters

Post by gcagora » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:58 am

I'm heading out of town this weekend for an All-Star tournament. I have my team's roster loaded and ready, but I'm wondering what most people do for teams that they don't know.

Do you wait until just before the game (when you first get the other team's roster) and try to enter the team's lineup really fast? As a coach, things are hectic then, so I'm worried I won't have time.

Or do you set up a generic team - if I'm playing a team from Paxton, I would go in and set up players called P1 (lead-off hitter) P2 (2nd hitter), and so on, just so I can have the roster done ahead of time.

If I do the later option, what pitfalls have you ran into with that plan?

Thanks!!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Out of town tournament rosters

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:24 pm

I think most people have gone with the pre-enter approach.

One advantage of this if you really don't care specifically about the opponent (e.g. in a single elimination tournament, you would never face the same opponent twice, so keeping a history of that team really would not matter) is you can have a team just called "Opponent", and use that same team each game. You can then look at team stats for "Opponent", and see how your team compares to the "Opponents" averages.

Maybe others can chime in as well...
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
djandyo

Re: Out of town tournament rosters

Post by djandyo » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:39 am

I have created 13 "generic" players in system. I just have their first name as A1, A2, A3...etc. Before each game, I load in my teams names and batting order, and for the opponent, I just create a new team and load in players A1, A2, A3....A13...etc. As the first few innings progress, I go into the lineup at each opposing batter and plug in their number. Once the reach the top of their lineup again, I just mark everyone else as "not batting" in Iscore. The rest of the players can be used for subs. It has worked fairly well for me.

Doing it this way, I always know which team we played on that date. A1 - A9 have played for a bunch of different teams this year. :)