merge

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
boracay

merge

Post by boracay » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:17 pm

i notice that if you merge players the merged player does not reflect the combined leagues played in but only those played in by the player that survived? is there a way to have the leagues of the player that was absorbed to come out as well? does it mean that if it does not show up that the absorbed player will be deleted in the roster of the leagues of the absorbed player? need help on this since i'm scoring for several boys who are playing on different leagues and just discovered merge function now. thanks.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: merge

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:39 pm

Merging will not add leagues to the player you merge into --- it treats that player is the "real" player.

You can go into the player and add additional leagues to that player if you would like.

It does not remove the player from any rosters they are on, but if you do not have a league selected that the player is in when viewing a roster, you would not see all the details for that player.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
boracay

Post by boracay » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:01 pm

FTMSupport wrote:Merging will not add leagues to the player you merge into --- it treats that player is the "real" player.

You can go into the player and add additional leagues to that player if you would like.

It does not remove the player from any rosters they are on, but if you do not have a league selected that the player is in when viewing a roster, you would not see all the details for that player.
I'm not sure I get the last sentence.

Let's say that Player John played in League A and League B under different names. If I merge his League B 'name' into League A ---

1. I assume his stats in League B will be added into his League A stats, right?
2. When I click on his name as merged, he will no longer reflect League B as one of his leagues but what you are saying is that I can just add League B, right? If I do so I assume he will have zero stats in League B when I filter view that league since he become like a 'new' player there?
3. The teams he is playing in for both League A and B will still have John in their rosters, right?

On a related note, how about if I merged teams? Will I have the same issues (and resolutions) as above except that it will of course be on a team level?

Many thanks!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:37 pm

When viewing stats, the stats displayed are based on the leagues GAMEs are in, not the players. The only time Player filtering comes into play is when you are viewing the Player List (or roster/lineup). So as long as the GAMEs are assigned to both League A and League B (which would not change with a player merge), then the stats for that player would be seen for the games played in each league. To answer your specific questions:

1. Yes, assuming the GAME had League B assigned.

2. Correct to part 1 --- he will no longer have League B assigned at the Player level. But No to the second part. If he was in a GAME assigned to League B, he would still have those stats in League B.

3. Yes, John would be listed in both rosters when the player is merged.

Team merging would follow the same rules.
ang72084

Post by ang72084 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:47 am

I just purchased an Ipad (first generation) and the iscore app. I had used it before but on the android tablet that I had borrowed from my friend to test it out. Well, I was adding the girls from the team on the roster last night just to have it on there and the merge came up.. I'm alittle confused on what this is for? Do I need to merge the player or can I just leave it as is..
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:05 am

Merge is used when you have accidentally created duplicate versions of the same player, and want to combine the stats for the two duplicate players back into a single player