batter/runner reaches on FC with error

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
easterner

batter/runner reaches on FC with error

Post by easterner » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:55 am

Situation:
Runners on first (1st) and second (2nd)

The play:
Batter reaches on FC to first baseman
Runner on 2nd scores, runner on 1st moves to 3rd and batter moves to 2nd on throwing error by first baseman

Scoring:
"In Play" - "Fielder's Choice" - tap direction of batted ball - now the instructions state "Touch each position that handled the ball ... Only include positions involved in making the out(s)." Slight problem, there was no out recorded but ok. Touch - "1B" - Done
What happened to runner on second? - Home - Error - "1B"
What happened to runner on first? - Third - ??? Can't use "Error" this will "charge" another error on play. Can't use "Advanced by Batter", the batter reached on FC and "moved up" only because of error. Ditto goes for "Held up"
What happened to batter? Same as runner on first - see above.

I know how to score the play, seems like there is no way to do it properly using iScore.
NOTE: Images are scoresheets, no.1 (bottom) is essentially how the play should appear. No.2 (top) is how the play appears charging the correct - one - error on the play but the scoring appears wrong.
Last edited by easterner on Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
bsweetser

Re: batter/runner reaches on FC with error

Post by bsweetser » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:04 am

This is something that has been posted previously that FTM has said is on the list to be fixed (possibly in 1.7/2.0). especially to ensure the error is not charged multiple times. Nice write up and presentation of the issue. The one thing I might change is to only list the 'E3' for the final leg of the diamond reached as part of the error and possibly indicate during which at bat it happened... though E3AB1 gets a bit long... :)
easterner

Post by easterner » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:13 am

Thanks for the input ... I did do a search for the "issue" but didn't find a match. Happy to hear that this situation is "on the list".
bsweetser

Post by bsweetser » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:48 pm

Yeah, I haven't had much luck with the search feature in the forums, either, to be honest. I do remember reading about this, though.