Double Switch?

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
suttio

Double Switch?

Post by suttio » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:35 pm

I have not been able to figure out how to do a double switch. This is my second day with the program and absolutely love it! Keep up the great work!

Version 1.01.06
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Double Switch?

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:32 pm

We are working on a way to better handle a double switch. Right now, you have to do the pinch hitter / batter substitution while on offense, and the fielding change while on defense (which means you have to remember what took place when on defense).

In an upcoming release, we will have a much easier way to do this.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
CoachBob

Post by CoachBob » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:53 pm

I am having trouble with this as well. Each way I try seems to create a different problem. In our game the other day, our starting pitcher came out of a tied game in the bottom of the 9th. He went to CF and stayed in his same spot in the order. Our new pitcher went into the CF's spot in the order. I tried making the change on defense and it seemed to work. But, when we came to bat in the top of the 10th, the original cf's spot was up (number 9 in the order) and instead of having the new pitcher in that spot, it was our starting pitcher (who should have stayed in the 3rd spot in the order). I clicked on the batter to see if I could sub the new pitcher but he wasnt even listed as an option (only the players who werent in the game were choices). I had to stop scoring the game at this point because I have no idea how to proceed. I am exporting the info to you.

Thanks
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:17 pm

Thank you CoachBob.

This is actually the last thing that is holding up the new release we are putting out. We are making a specific process for substitutions to simplify standard substitutions and pinch hitters, and also specifically addressing the double switch.

Watch for an announcement any day now of this new release, and it is going to include this process.
sportsdoc

Post by sportsdoc » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:48 am

Again, something along the same line...

In high school ball, you are allowed to reenter a player one time after he has been removed. He must go back into the same slot in the batting order for the player that replaced him, but does not have to go back into the same defensive position. I can't figure out how to score this one either and keep the stats properly assigned.

Doc
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:55 am

We will keep this scenario in mind as well while updating our substitution routines.

Thank you.