Substitutions

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
bethsportsmomma

Substitutions

Post by bethsportsmomma » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:25 am

how is everyone handling substitutions? Eveidently the way that I have been doing it is messing up my score sheet.

For example: we have a total of 12 players on our team. 9 fielding positions, 1 EH and then we will have two that can serve as substitutes. If I do not mark them as "batting" in the line up I am not able to move players around during the game. Say my current pictcher moves to centerfield and my centerfielder moves to pitch. When I try to make that change I end up with the first pitcher showing still on the mound AND in centerfield. If I mark all players as batting and skip the ones that don't actually bat (the two "subs") I can make all the moves I want BUT then the scorecard gets all screwy.

Does this make sense? I'm still trying to determine the best way to handle this situation and I just wanted to know what others are doing.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Substitutions

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:01 pm

For the extra batters, don't mark them as a DH. Mark them as "out" meaning they are not fielding, but set them to Batting. When you mark a player as a DH, it puts the substitution screen in a special mode because a DH is only for a pitcher (as outlined in MLB rules). We are adding the ability for DP/Flex (basically DH for any player) in the 1.70 release, but prior to that release, it strictly follows MLB rules for DH.

If you just set the extra batter to batting, then you should be able to move the pitcher around without a problem, and the new pitcher's counts will be applied, and not tied to the old pitcher.

Let us know if this helps (or not in which case we will try and figure out another way to work it for your particular situation).

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
bethsportsmomma

Post by bethsportsmomma » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:05 pm

will I be able to add one of the substitutes (additional players) into the game if needed?

thanks so much! This forum is absolutely awesome!!! Your support blows everyone else away!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:10 pm

Yes, you can substitute a player at any position. If the player is coming in while the team is on defense, click the position, and it will allow you to substitute one of your bench players for the fielder. If your team is at bat, click the batter icon, and you will be able to make the offensive substitution.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
mattbat

Post by mattbat » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:50 pm

O.k. Im just confused on the substitution thing. I was scoring an mlb game and I was clueless of how to do this. o.k. So u mark the extra pitchers, bench players,etc. as not batting in the starting lineup, correct? and then they had a pinch hitter in for the pitcher because they were going to change pitchers, so i would hit the little batter and i select a player? then once they take the field, substitute the pinch hitter for the pitcher that was pitching? and to do that, i select that number of the previous pitcher and put the new pitcher in? is that correct?
bsweetser

Post by bsweetser » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:51 am

You are close... When you substitute a pinch hitter for a pitcher, when that team takes the field again, you will see a '?' in the box representing the pitcher on the field. Tap that box, and select the new pitcher from the list of players (and select 'P' from the list of positions if it does not fill in for you automatically).

If the list of players does not display and you only have the line up listed at the top of the screen, tap the spot in the batting order for the pitcher spot, and then select the player and position.

I hope this helps,
ben
mattbat

Post by mattbat » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:06 pm

:mrgreen: thanks