What is Gamecast in the Options screen?

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

What is Gamecast in the Options screen?

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:16 pm

Gamecast is a hook for some functionality that will be available in the future. What it does is send play by play data to our web server. The intent is that if you are scoring a game on an iPhone (or an iPod Touch with WiFi connectivity), you will be able to send the play by play data to the server in real time, and other people interested in your game will be able to access your data.

There are at least a couple of ways we intend to make this data available:

1. A web view of the game much like you can see on espn.com of MLB games where as the game progresses, people can "watch it" on the internet.

2. Another user with iScore can be kept in sync while you are scoring a game.

In either case, it will be up to you to allow others to view the data if and only if you want them to.

We put the hook in now because the web viewing of data will be added without requiring any updates to the application on the iPhone.

We do not currently have a release date for this functionality. There are still several items that are higher priority, but we are constantly adjusting priorities based on customer interest in particular features.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
wrast

Re: What is Gamecast in the Options screen?

Post by wrast » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:51 am

Love this idea!
djandyo

Post by djandyo » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:06 am

Wow, this is going to be a FANTASTIC feature. Can't wait! I constantly text game updates to grandparents, this will be IDEAL.
SharkBait

Post by SharkBait » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:59 am

Son's mom is going to be out of town for his next game, so I'm going to make use of a couple of features to give her a quasi-simulcast. After each inning, I'm going to email her the PDF of the scoresheet. The fact that the last email address stays active in the field will make this a breeze.

We're probably a little "too much" into baseball, but she's really happy to be able to see this kind of detailed "real time" update as the game goes along, and I'm happy that I don't have to keep shutting down iScore to make a phone call... 8-)
bsweetser

Post by bsweetser » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:02 am

Shart wrote:We're probably a little "too much" into baseball
Is there such a thing as "too much" into baseball? I personally don't think this is possible. 8-)
SharkBait

Post by SharkBait » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:04 pm

bsweetser wrote:
Shart wrote:We're probably a little "too much" into baseball
Is there such a thing as "too much" into baseball? I personally don't think this is possible. 8-)
LOL. Oh, and actually the updates will be beamed out every HALF inning. How could I have messed up that one??? :lol: