Can't email, Droid 2

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
Str8ball

Can't email, Droid 2

Post by Str8ball » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:17 pm

I have not been able to email anything. I have tried it several different times on different pages of the program. Sometimes I get a synchronizing message, but it never changes even after waiting for a very long time. BTW I like the program. Used it for the first time tonight to score a real game.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Can't email, Droid 2

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:54 pm

We just sent an email from an Android device here as a test... everything is working fine. Make sure you have a good internet connection when trying to send an email. You should be able to go to your browser and browse to http://iscorecentral.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. This will confirm you have a connection to our server.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Str8ball

Post by Str8ball » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:48 pm

I went to your site on my phone and went to several other sites to check the connection. I even went to this forum. I have an Internet connection. It still does not work.

The games were done. I also created a couple of test games and tried to email from those earlier, and it has not worked yet.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:11 pm

What are you seeing on the screen when you try and email? It is at this point that a license check is performed on the Android version. Are you getting an error about licensing? You can try pressing the back button on the Android device until iScore is completely closed, then restart it, and that will trigger a new license check. You can then try and email again. If you tell us a little more specifically what your screen is saying when you try and email, we can probably help more.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Str8ball

Post by Str8ball » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:19 pm

It doesn't do anything. It acts as if the button is not active. But then when I try to back out of the screen I sometimes see a synchronizing screen that stays at 0% and never increases.

In other words I hit the email button, and the cursor remains in the email box and nothing changes. When I see the synchronizing screen in the past, I have waited thinking it needed time to email, but it never changes and I have to hit the search button on my Droid 2 to get out of the program.

I have closed the program and opened it several times as I have attempted to figure out a way to email. I usually have very few problems trouble shooting technology issues, but the normal fixes do not appear to be working here.
Str8ball

Post by Str8ball » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:50 pm

I think I figured it out. When I typed the email address using the pull out keyboard, it caused a problem. I managed to send an email without using the physical keyboard. This appears to be the issue.

Thanks for your help.
tolark

Post by tolark » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:39 am

Thanks - this helped me also. Can not use slide out keyboard on my Epic.