Defensive positions not visable

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
atf

Re: Defensive positions not visable

Post by atf » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:38 am

I don't see where DH shows up in the current substitution list. In particular, I had a pitcher marked as pitcher only, at the start of the game, not batting, and a DH also marked and when I went to enter a new pitcher, there was no pitcher in the sub lineup and therefore I could not replace him. Am I doing something wrong?

Here are a couple of other factors. I use both DH and EH (by setting batting = yes). I also need to add players that are not on the original roster. I usually have an extra player available but there are times when a coach inserts a player that is not on the original line up card. (I am always a spectator). Finally, we have a free substitution policy at most of our tournamennts and leagues. This seems to really mess up the substitution line when I try making multiple defensive changes.

Please advise.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Defensive positions not visable

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:05 am

In order for "DH" to work, it assumes you are using a traditional "substitution" model (as opposed to All Players batting). If you have all players in your roster batting, then there will not be anyone listed when you click the pitcher --- it only lists non-batting players as available to sub.

To get around this, don't include the "DH" designation in your lineup. Just set batting = Yes, fielding position = Out for all batters that are batting but not fielding. This will put iScore in a mode where you can move anyone to the pitcher spot, even players already batting/in the field. The "DH" in the current version of iScore followed MLB rules which does not work for some youth leagues.

Version 2.0 (to be submitted any day now to Apple) really simplifies this process --- it follows a "score what you see" model where you can make offensive / defensive changes at will as you see them for any player. This works great for any scoring, but especially well when you are a spectator and don't necessarily know what the coach is doing. For example, when a different player comes to the plate than what you have in your lineup, is it a pinch hitter? Or is a double switch taking place? It can be difficult to know as a spectator, but very easy to score with 2.0 as the offensive and defensive changes can be made independently, but they are reconciled on the scorecard.

Anyway, we are excited about the new features of 2.0, so trying to point them out whenever we can.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs