TIPs: How to Edit Plays After the Game - FAQ

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
coach1

Re: Editing a play at end of game.

Post by coach1 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:49 am

I scored a hit a triple when actually it should have been a double with advance on the throw to third. Went into play by play only have option of "hit triple" or "hit double with error". Don't want to mess up my stats before I ask but if I change this to double with error an i subsequently change it to hit double, advanced on the throw?

Thanks
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:20 am

You will be able to change the advance on error to advance on throw after using that option. That is the correct way to make the change.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
coach1

Post by coach1 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:36 am

Thanks, as usual your advice is right on!
aussie996

Post by aussie996 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:16 am

Hi, Using Andriod. Missed some subs during the game. Went into pitch-by-pitch, added them and saved them. Opened the scorecard and the subs do not show. How do I get the scorecard and stats to update with the edit made in pitch-by-pitch ? Thanks in advance.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:23 am

We just did the following:

created new game
Entered first 3 batters as strikeouts

exited scoring screen.
Went to Pitch by Pitch
Tapped second strikeout
Tapped Edit next to substitutions, and put in an Offensive substitution for the 2nd batter
Viewed the scorecard

Scorecard now shows the original batter followed by the subbed in batter in spot #2.

What are you seeing?
aussie996

Post by aussie996 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:04 am

Hi - Solved it. I was only entering the subs as defence subs. When entered as offensive subs all fine. Your comment prompted me to think a little harder about what I was doing. Thanks.
Southpaw

Post by Southpaw » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:12 pm

Yesterday one of our boys hit a solid triple and blew through the stop sign at third and got tagged out at the plate trying to stretch the triple into a homerun.

Scorekeeper (one of the team moms) scored it as OUT-OTHER, which did not give the boy credit for a hit or a triple.

Before exporting I usually review the play-by-play and make edits (usually fielders choices, substitutions and errors that she didn't catch).

But I could not change that play from an out to a hit and tagged out on the throw.

I edited the stats for the game to give the boy his hit/triple.

But is there a way to change a play that is scored as an out to a hit/out on throw?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:34 pm

The only way to edit this one without using Undo back to the point and rescoring is to override the stats (which it sounds like you did) and add a note to the play saying what really happened. Your cumulative stats will be right when doing this.
coach1

Post by coach1 » Mon May 06, 2013 5:39 am

similar situation as some of above. I scored a hit as a single which probably should have been a double. In play by play it wont allow me to change from single to double. Is there away to do this without undoing all way back to 3rd inning or re-entering the whole game. Doesnt impact the score as the runner was stranded on 2nd but player wants book to show his double. I suppose I can manually change states to reflect the double instead of single.

One downside of website is everyone gets a chance to critique your game scoring!!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon May 06, 2013 8:34 am

You can change multi base hits to lesser hits (i.e. triple to double, double to single), but you can not change things in the opposite direction in pitch by pitch. You have to do stat overrides in that case. So if you are ever questioning a multi base hit, give the player the multi base it and you can always edit it later in pitch by pitch.

The following link describes how to make post game edits (including overriding stats):

http://iscoresports.com/baseball/kb/faq ... _edits.php