TIPs: How to Edit Plays After the Game - FAQ

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
rick4

TIPs: How to Edit Plays After the Game - FAQ

Post by rick4 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:00 am

How do I go back and edit a play or change a the line up after the fact. Currently, if I realize the mistake in the 6th inning and it happened in the 2nd innging, I have to undo all the work and re-create? Help.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Editing a play at end of game.

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:08 am

Here is a link to our website describing how to make post game edits:

http://iscoresports.com/baseball/kb/faq ... _edits.php
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
JRosner

Post by JRosner » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:13 pm

I tried to edit the Play By Play after the game ended because the consensus was that a double was actually an error on the fielder. The program would not allow me to edit the play to an error, just a single with an error. I suspect that I am missing something but could not find any similar posting. Can anyone help me understand what I am doing wrong or overlooking? THanks
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:15 pm

You can convert it to a single plus error, then convert the single to just an error.
ChuckF14

Post by ChuckF14 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:12 am

I found a mistake in a game that I scored the next day. I printed out the wrong box score and play by play list to us them to keep track of everything to input back in after i had fix the mistake.
I used the undo button to get back to the point of the game of the mistake, it was a player the i missed on the starting line up that i had batting in the 10 spot, but was not going to play. So only batting 9.
I fixed the error and re scored the game with everybaody in the right spots off the box score and play list i had printed. I exported the new info to the servers.

Now my question. When I looked at the box score on the team web site and the admin site the old (wrong) box score is still there.
Is there something else i should do to correct that.

Thanks, Chuck
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:09 am

It sounds like maybe the Export did not make it to the server. Try exporting again and make sure you get the "Successful" message. If that still does not work, send us an email at support@iscoresports.com with the URL of your team website, and the Customer ID from your device (found on Options screen in iScore) and which game it is, and we will take a look at your data.
joecervelli

Post by joecervelli » Mon May 07, 2012 6:22 pm

i just finished scoring a game that i had manually scored in the book. i realized, after going back over the game that i forgot to score a runner all the way back in the 2nd inning of a 6 inning game.

the edit play by play feature doesn't give me the option of scoring that runner (home is greyed out)...according to the link posted previously in this forum, the only other option for fixing this sort of thing is to go back and undo the entire game to fix this. that can't be the only option, can it?

thanks in advance from a newbie
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon May 07, 2012 6:24 pm

If you do an Options -> Export from iScore and email us at support@iscoresports.com with your Customer ID (found on Options screen) and which game / inning / player needs to score, we can see about doing it for you.
joecervelli

Post by joecervelli » Mon May 07, 2012 6:25 pm

wow! thanks for the quick reply. will do it asap...
gpieschala

Post by gpieschala » Wed May 09, 2012 10:20 am

I mistakenly scored what should have been an "in the park" home run for a player as two errors - one to reach first and the other to score. Thus, there are two entries in the pitch by pitch edit screen for this. I have been able to edit the first entry to a single but cannot alter it to an "in the park". I have edited the second entry (for the three-base error to bring the player home) to advancing home "on the throw". This gets the overall number of hits and errors for the game correct but does not give the batter credit for the "in the park" home run or the RBI. Is there a way to fix this without repeatedly undoing and then reentering every pitch? (The play in question happened in the top of the third in an eventual eight inning game.)