TIPs: How to Edit Plays After the Game - FAQ

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
Southpaw

Re: Editing a play at end of game.

Post by Southpaw » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:05 am

Have an edit question.

Player was tagged out at the plate. Scorekeeper didn't hit home as where the play occurred and the book shows him thrown out at 3rd 8-6-2. Trying to edit it to show that the play occurred at the plate, but can't change the base location, even though it's still an out and he was the lead runner at the time (i.e., not advancing him past another runner).

Any ideas?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:34 am

You can not change the base a player ended at in post game edits. This should not have any impact on stats however. You can add a comment to the play saying he was actually thrown out at home.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Southpaw

Post by Southpaw » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:27 am

Can I change it before I exit the scoring screen after the game is over?
team mom

Post by team mom » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:00 am

yes, easy to do if mis-score happened near end of game. you can press undo back to the point where the play occurred, and re-score correctly. Then enter the remaining plays.
Team Mom

Check out the new iscore documentation page!
teamchampion02

Post by teamchampion02 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:52 pm

I'm in the process of scoring a game and missed a runner scoring from 3rd when the runner on 1st stole 2B. Now my score is off a run (as well as the SB). No option to insert this play (great enhancement idea!!). How can I get this corrected?
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:52 pm

@teamchampion02

The short answer is you would need to 1) undo back to the mistake and rescore or 2) manually override the stats. Each method has pro/cons .. But traditional pitch by pitch editing will not work on that,

I know you have been around the forum and using iScore for a couple years and know the developers have increased editing ability over time, but because of the interdependencies in baseball you can't use pitch editor for material plays that impact the outcome of future events..

Here is a FAQ thread on statistics override
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3115
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1
teamchampion02

Post by teamchampion02 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:30 pm

@OhioTex - yep, I'm aware of the unfortunate situation. Hoping someone from iScore support can make the change on the back end.

Thanks

Plus - it happened with 2 outs - and the girl at bat made the 3rd out.

And really - it would be nice to insert such a play. It could be prompted with "do you understand your change may impact the rest of the game as it is currently scored?" You would have to enter a confirmation "yes" and then the rest of the game is either A) wiped clean (which would be a shortcut to 'undoing' a million plays) or B) leave the rest of the game jacked up for the user to sort out the mess. While I know B) wouldn't be good from the "user experience" perspective - if you enter that 'yes' confirmation you should know you're getting into a dicey situation. Option A) would be similar to anyone restoring a previous version of the file. If you restore a file from 8 versions ago - you lose everything that happened since that version.
MalloryCaldwell

Post by MalloryCaldwell » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:48 pm

Can I change a "ball" to a "strike" or vice versa?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:17 pm

No. That could have consequences like changing a walk to a strikeout or a strikeout to a walk which would have a ripple effect across all successive plays. If you enter the wrong pitch type during a game, you can use Undo and re-enter the correct pitch.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
ixamnis

Post by ixamnis » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:52 pm

Early in a college softball game. I had a batter with a runner on first hit the ball down the right field line. I couldn't see the what happened because my view was blocked by the dug out. The batter and runner ended up circling the bases with both scoring. An inside the park homerun is pretty rare in college fast pitch softball unless there was an error. I asked the lady who keeps score for our team what she saw and she couldn't see what happened either because of the dugout. She was scoring it inside the park homerun. When I saw the official score from the other team the next day, it was listed as a triple with a throwing error on the right fielder. I figured I would be able to go in to the pitch by pitch and edit it, but when I did my only options were home run and inside the park home run. I couldn't change it to triple with scoring at home on error. I'm not sure why it would have to limit me to those two choices and I really don't want to undo the whole game. So far I just put in the notes what happened and left it at that. I haven't manually changed any of the stats yet because I don't know the consequences or whether I have to hit the recalc button or not..