HTML Support?

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
DamageIncBB

HTML Support?

Post by DamageIncBB » Fri May 27, 2011 12:01 pm

does the site support html? I'm trying to put a twitter widget on my team page and it's not working. Am I doing something wrong?
danmcc

Re: HTML Support?

Post by danmcc » Fri May 27, 2011 12:22 pm

I am by no means a web expert, however after you log in as administrator and click edit homepage a menu appears at the top that has an HTML button top row, third in from the left.
DamageIncBB

Post by DamageIncBB » Fri May 27, 2011 12:24 pm

danmcc wrote:I am by no means a web expert, however after you log in as administrator and click edit homepage a menu appears at the top that has an HTML button top row, third in from the left.
I've tried that as well. when I save it just shows the code typed out and not my widget. Same thing when I just put it in the home page editing field. Just shows the code.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri May 27, 2011 12:38 pm

If you click the HTML button as danmcc suggested, it should put the Home Page editor in an HTML mode where you see the raw HTML and can make edits to the raw HTML.

If there is a specific tag in teh code you are trying to embed that is being stripped out, let us know, and we can likely enable it. If you want to post what you are trying to add to the site, that could help as well. You can put "xxx" in place of any personal account info when posting what you are trying to add to your site.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
DamageIncBB

Post by DamageIncBB » Fri May 27, 2011 12:44 pm

FTMSupport wrote:If you click the HTML button as danmcc suggested, it should put the Home Page editor in an HTML mode where you see the raw HTML and can make edits to the raw HTML.

If there is a specific tag in teh code you are trying to embed that is being stripped out, let us know, and we can likely enable it. If you want to post what you are trying to add to the site, that could help as well. You can put "xxx" in place of any personal account info when posting what you are trying to add to your site.
This is the code:
<script src="http://widgets.twimg.com/j/2/widget.js"></script>
<script>
new TWTR.Widget({
version: 2,
type: 'profile',
rpp: 4,
interval: 6000,
width: 250,
height: 300,
theme: {
shell: {
background: '#bf1e19',
color: '#ffffff'
},
tweets: {
background: '#000000',
color: '#ffffff',
links: '#4aed05'
}
},
features: {
scrollbar: false,
loop: false,
live: false,
hashtags: true,
timestamp: true,
behavior: 'all'
}
}).render().setUser('DamageIncBB').start();
</script>
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri May 27, 2011 12:53 pm

We just tried on one of our websites here. Logged in as Admin, went to Edit Home Page, clicked the HTML button in the upper left corner, added your HTML to the end of our page, and saved.

It worked... and actually looks very cool!

Be sure to click the HTML button to be in edit mode, and be sure to put the code in a valid area of the page (try the very beginning or very end to start, then adjust after you see it works).
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
DamageIncBB

Post by DamageIncBB » Fri May 27, 2011 1:01 pm

Well shoot. I had tried that before and it didn't work. But I didn't try it this time. Thanks for your help. You guys are the best customer service I've seen.