Balls & strikes

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
GBear11

Balls & strikes

Post by GBear11 » Sun May 15, 2011 5:36 pm

Have a weird setup for my daughter's 10U fastpitch league.

It is kid pitch, but after 4 balls the coach comes into pitch. The strike count stays the same and the ump will call strikes, so the batter can still strike out. IMHO the rules for this are not good. I understand why some one had this thought, but it does develop bad habits for some of the girls.

So obviously this creates a challenge for me in using iScore. I can record a strikeout without any issues. What do I do about the ball situation though? Is there any way I can accomplish this? I would like to know how many times the coach needs to come in. What batters are hitting off of girls and which ones off of coaches.

I am new to iScore and not sure what if any work arounds to try. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Balls & strikes

Post by FTMSupport » Sun May 15, 2011 8:24 pm

If you truly want to track hits off coaches vs players, you will have to create a "Coach" player for each team. When 4 balls are reached, instead of entering the 4th ball, substitute in the Coach pitcher. After the player completes their at bat, substitute the correctpitcher back in.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs