Team Stats

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
Jonclark

Team Stats

Post by Jonclark » Tue May 03, 2011 5:44 am

This is my first season using the iScore and i love the app, but the only question that i have is how can i see the team stats for the season? we have played 3 games so far and when i go to Team Manager/"our team"/ then Team Stats it is just showing the stats for the first game.
danmcc

Re: Team Stats

Post by danmcc » Tue May 03, 2011 5:54 am

Welcome to the board.

Check that the leagues that you assigned for the games are also assigned to the team. The team stats will only pick up games from the leagues assigned to the team.
Jonclark

Post by Jonclark » Tue May 03, 2011 7:30 am

Thanks for the help.... i checked all the games and teams and they are all assigned to the same league. any other suggestions?
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Tue May 03, 2011 8:31 am

When trouble shooting, turn on the special " ALL " league ( found in league manager)

With ALL league enabled, now ..

Look in game manager

1- Are all games "final" ( F in score board) if not hit play and then misc > end game to make final. ( you maynhave innings number set to high, aka 9 and only play 7)

2 - check the game specific stats for the team batting/fielding/pitching.. Are they there or blank? (checking for inadvertent deletions)

Next check under team manger ...

1) do team stats, still show only one game when you expect 3?

2) look for duplicate versions of the team name (accidental typo) ..(if so merge them together, bottom left button)

3) Any chance you deleted a version of your team along the way and recreated? (if so fess up, need to know)

Player manager
1-!Check a player on the team, does his player card show all games?

Do these checks and let us know what you find.. Will be able to take a next cut from there
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue May 03, 2011 8:34 am

When stats are not showing for a team, here are the things to check:

1. Make sure the games are actually "over". If you go to Game Manager, in the game listing, there should be an "F" next to the games. If there is not, open the game, go to Play, and select Misc -> Game Over. (Sometimes people forget to do this if the game ends early due to time or a mercy rule)

2. Make sure you have not created the same team multiple times. Sometimes in a rush people will create a team a second time instead of using the team that is already on their list. You can use the Merge option from the Team Manager to fix this.

3. Make sure the right leagues are selected on all the games, and that you have the right leagues enabled in League Manager. The simple test is to go to League Manager, put a checkmark next to the "All" league, and see if all the games/stats appear.

4. Make sure all players are on the Team Roster. Some people add players to the Lineup for a game, and do not use the Options, Copy Lineup -> Roster option to copy those changes back to the Team Roster.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
LuvToFish

Post by LuvToFish » Mon May 09, 2011 6:39 am

I have a similar problem occurring with a game a scored over the weekend. I'm not able to change anything in PbP with out a force close event occurring on my android phone. The game stats stop after 2 innings. I know I had incorrectly had 10 batters in the lineup (should have been 9) for one of the teams. I tried to correct the issue by substitution instead of going in and correcting the problem in the starting lineup. I finally figured out what I had done and turned off the 10th batter. I was also able to update the starting lineup in PbP (without force close - initially).

I scored the whole game all the way to the end...however, the stats do not calculate past the 2nd inning even though it turned out to be a 6 inning game. Thoughts on what to try?

I really need the stats working for this game because I'm tracking the season stats for the team.

Thanks for any tips.

-ltf
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Mon May 09, 2011 8:33 am

@LuvToFish -

assuming you tried the tips listed above.

sounds like a more unique issue with your database and device if it is freezing. I suggest you email support@iscoresports.com with customer id and description of the problem. my sense is this needs one off attention.
LuvToFish

Post by LuvToFish » Mon May 09, 2011 8:44 am

I fixed my issue by printing off the scorecard from the game and re-entering the game play by play. (Correctly this time).

All is right with the world now.

Thanks
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Mon May 09, 2011 11:13 am

for those reading along, want to call attention to the notion that re scoring a game can be palatable at times.

I bring this up because i think we sometimes over estimate how hard it is to go back and re score.

when in fact it can be fairly straight forward, especially is you have access to print out the scorecard. / pitch by pitch and/or play by play. you really can recreate rather quickly.
LuvToFish

Post by LuvToFish » Mon May 09, 2011 11:30 am

I completely agree. I was able to re-score the game from the scorecard in a lot less time than it took to play the game in the first place ;)

The scorecard for iScore Baseball is really, really, good. It does a much better job of "telling the tale" of the game than anything I've ever manually scored. Great product all the way around!!!

-ltf