changing pitcher

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
CoachBob

changing pitcher

Post by CoachBob » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:15 am

When I change pitchers, it seems the new pitcher gets credited with all of the games stats, not just when I made the change. The same thing happened with a pinch hitter. How do you make changes when the game is in progress so that the player who had the stats at the beginning still get them. Also, several players who didnt get into the game were still credited with one game played even though they never got in. I had them on the roster but not in.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: changing pitcher

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:21 am

First off, I want to make sure you are using the release that just came out this week?

If not, you should definitely update right away (all updates are free to existing customers through the App Store).

If you follow the steps in this post: http://iscore.freeforums.org/how-do-i-s ... me-t2.html when doing substitutions, then the stats at the end of the game should be with the correct player.

There are a couple of cases where if you had players in your lineup that are assigned a position that is already assigned to another player (i.e. if you have two players marked as RF, one is batting and one is not), it could make the substitutions not work correctly. Before a game starts, make sure there is only one player assigned to each position. (This is actually forced in the next release of the software... being posted to Apple any day now.)
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
CoachBob

Post by CoachBob » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:37 am

I am using the new version....I only had one player in each spot to start the game and then to start the 5th, we took out the starting pitcher. We replaced him with a new player, but put that player in the leftfielders spot in the order. We put our new left fielder in the pitchers spot. When the stats printed out it gave all of the pitching stats to the new pitcher and gave all of the hitting stats to the player we put in left field.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:09 pm

We will have to look into this one further to see what happened.

If you can use the Export option from iScore, this will send your database to our server. If you can then email us directly at support@fasterthanmonkeys.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false to let us know your database is there, we can take a look at your data to see if we can find out why the data did not separate the first and second pitcher as this should work just fine.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs