New Season

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
Zackalec

New Season

Post by Zackalec » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:23 pm

It's a new season in little league. I have the same players and want their stats to start over. How do I do this?
OhioTex

Re: New Season

Post by OhioTex » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:34 pm

a couple ways. depending on your preference and scenario..

if it is the same team, just moving from spring to summer to fall seasons, +/- only one or two pick up players. many (most) of us use LEAGUES to group the games accordingly. Leagues are most likely the answer. Assign each game to the appropriate league (spring, summer, fall etc). when you enable a league, you see only stats and games assigned to that league . If you have a Team Web Site subscription, it remains and there are settings to control which leagues are visible. you can see a players stats by selecting the appropriate season (league) or cumulative (all leagues).

here is a forum/primer on the use of leagues.. Leagues is just iScore name for logical groupings you define..
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1531" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you have more of a program team, just different year, eg High School varsity team, where it has a number of players returning, some new and some graduating, many (most) of us create a second team for the new year. and a new web site subscription. This saves last years team as it was for reference. Add to the new year team the players from the player list, and all their cumulative history will be there by player. and last years team roster will stay intact. Also create new leagues for new year.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:36 pm

The best way is to use leagues. By doing this, you maintain the historical stat data for all your players (so you can run Lifetime reports for example). Here is a URL in the forum that talks in more detail about League usage:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1531" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Zackalec

Post by Zackalec » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:16 pm

That works great but I still have one issue. If I set all the games played to one league and I set the team to a different league, the old stats still show up under the team. Example. I have all the leagues active so I can access all the teams. I have a tournament coming up called X. My team is assigned to X. However, the team stats show all the old stuff. If I disable the old leagues the stats set to 0 but then I can't access the old teams they played. if I set my team to a league that has no games yet, why are old stats showing up?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:07 pm

The leagues you select in League Manager determine what is seen when you view stats. When you are scoring or creating games, enable the All league and everything shows up. When you are going to be running stat reports, turn off the All league, and only turn on the leagues you want to view the stats for. You could run one report with just last year's leagues turned on, then a separate report with just this year's leagues turned on, and the stats will not intermix.

When you want to view "lifetime stats" for a player, turn the All league on, and you can see the player's cumulative stats for all time.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:41 pm

@Zackalec

as i mentioned in my prior post, if you have a need to have the old team around.. for historical reference, many of us (most) create a second team for the new year. .you may want to consider that option. . player stats are still filtered by league either way. and you have their lifetime stats (nothing losts) but this lets you see your old team roster and stats from back then and have your new team roster and stats too. players common to both teams can see their lifetime stats with ALL league on, or the year in question, with just that year league on.
CoachBrockhoff

Post by CoachBrockhoff » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:47 pm

If I delete my seniors from the team and add the new players, will the seniors still show up on last years leagues (I.e., 2011 Overall)
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:04 pm

Only players on the Team Roster will show up on team stat reports. We actually recommend creating a new team each season. You can still view cumulative stats for individual player across seasons, even if they are on different teams.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:41 pm

CoachBrockhoff wrote:If I delete my seniors from the team and add the new players, will the seniors still show up on last years leagues (I.e., 2011 Overall)
Once a player is removed from a team, he will no longer show up in team manager > team stats, only active players show up on team stats on the device and on the team web site Roater and stats.

That said, a player removed from the team roster, will still reside in the player manager. As suh, If you enable ALL league and select the player, you can see that players lifetime stats.or yoi can enable a sub set of leagues and see just the stats for the player for games in the enabled leagues.

Hope that makes sense, as long as you do not delete the player in player manager, you can go back and see his past performance,
CoachBrockhoff

Post by CoachBrockhoff » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:41 pm

Can I rename this years team as Slidell 2011 and make this years team just Slidell (same as this year).

If so, would I have too rename the leagues.