TIP: How to Manually Override Statistics and Why- FAQ

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
BlueClawDad

TIP: How to Manually Override Statistics and Why- FAQ

Post by BlueClawDad » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:19 am

What is the Statistics Overide Feature?
How does it work?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Statistics Overide

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:36 am

When viewing the statistics from the Game Info screen, you can tap any of the values and override the calculated statistics. This can be done in cases where a scorekeeper has entered something incorrectly that can not be easily edited in the Pitch by Pitch listing, and / or the scorekeeper really only cares about the stats and not updating the Play by Play. You can manually enter / override any of the stat values that iScore calculates.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Cscudday

Post by Cscudday » Sat May 28, 2011 7:49 am

The era and era9 for a pitcher for a game is way off it's 47.25 should be 4.73 and era9 is 36.75 sb 3.68 it will not let modify these 2 fields
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat May 28, 2011 9:45 am

ERA and ERA9 are calculated fields based on the number of earned runs given up in the game, and the number of innings pitched (keeping in mind innings pitched = outs made / 3... if you are in a youth league using End Inning because a max run count is reached, the pitcher does not get credit for innings pitched... requires making outs to get credited with Innings Pitched). If you change the number of Earned Runs (ER) for the pitcher, the ERA and ERA9 will be updated accordingly.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
LintnerDude

Post by LintnerDude » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:51 am

How do you change a run to not earned after the game is over?
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:28 am

FTMSupport wrote: If you change the number of Earned Runs (ER) for the pitcher, the ERA and ERA9 will be updated accordingly.
game manager > pitching stats > reduce the appropriate pitchers ER cell value by the number of unearned

that said.. iscore often applies more rules than the casual sore keeper. but there are definitely times when iscore just can not know and needs over riding
HolyRomanEmperor

Post by HolyRomanEmperor » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:31 am

Is there a way to change the player instead of the stat line?

I scored a game, only to discover at the end that I had the incorrect starting pitcher recorded. I used Pitcher B when it should have been Pitcher A. The actual stat numbers are correct, I just need to switch all those stats to belong to Pitcher A instead of Pitcher B. Can this be done?
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:55 am

HolyRomanEmperor wrote:Is there a way to change the player instead of the stat line?

I scored a game, only to discover at the end that I had the incorrect starting pitcher recorded. I used Pitcher B when it should have been Pitcher A. The actual stat numbers are correct, I just need to switch all those stats to belong to Pitcher A instead of Pitcher B. Can this be done?
Yep, go into Pitch bu Pitch summary in the game info page.
Go to the point in the game where you need to change the player (in your case, line 1 - game starts), select that line and edit starting lineup. Change out the pitcher and the stats will now correspond to the new pitcher.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
PetroGuy

Post by PetroGuy » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:58 am

Go to the Pitch by Pitch listing for that game. Select the Starting Lineup and change the pitcher to the correct one. The stats will be updated accordingly.
Check out the iScore documentation page!