Replacement runner

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
cherrybomb

Replacement runner

Post by cherrybomb » Sat May 23, 2009 6:53 am

Have just rewatched tutorial #2 to figure out how to substitute a runner. We had a batter hit by the ball, she needed to be replaced on first. Last out for the team was put on first. We later just skipped the batter. How do I show this? I don't know the other team's positions, so I don't know which player the runner is to sub in for the batter, or which position the batter was playing either.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Replacement runner

Post by FTMSupport » Sat May 23, 2009 9:57 am

It sounds like you are really looking for a "courtesy runner" in this situation. A player did not substitute for the runner. We do allow substitutes (in a substitute style game as opposed to an "all players bat" game), but we do not currently have courtesy runners.

We are adding courtesy runner as an option to the 1.7 release.

For now, I would not try and do any trickery to have someone replace the runner on first in that scenario. I would leave the original batter on the base, and score the play as if it was still that runner. If the batter came out of the game, I would use "Skip Batter" as it sounds like you did for the rest of the game.

The only downside of doing it this way is that any bases the runner steals, and any run scored would be credited to the original batter instead of the courtesy runner.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
cherrybomb

Re: Replacement runner

Post by cherrybomb » Sat May 23, 2009 2:48 pm

Thanks. Luckily (for me) it was the other team, so the runs credited don't matter so much to me.