tablet optimized version???

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
mbartschi

Re: tablet optimized version???

Post by mbartschi » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:32 pm

No worries! Like I said, the product works perfectly well as-is and isn't at all difficult to use on a tablet. Just eagerly looking forward to the new features.

And while the MLB doesn't start spring training until next month, some high school state associations (including mine in FL) start their baseball/softball seasons as early as this week.

I don't fault you for not wanting to set an exact date because you don't want to risk disappointing anyone if technical challeges come up. But as soon as you're ready there are quite a few of us who will be ready and willing to kick the tires on it!

Thanks for the update.
KevTN

Post by KevTN » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:49 am

That is great to hear. I hope it can do both portrait and landscape. that is really my biggest wish.
Chuck

Post by Chuck » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:46 am

I bought this app for my Kindle Fire to try out for high school baseball. I chose to use it with my Fire because of it's size. A smartphone is too small for my old eyes and big fingers, the iPad is too big for my pocket.

It seems to be pretty functional EXCEPT it doesn't seem to be formatted for the larger size. PLEASE FIX THIS! Just make everything proportionally bigger. Games are played in all sorts of lighting and often in numbing cold. Seeing and hitting the correct button will be hard, especially in a fast paced game. I'm a high school coach and can imagine one in every dugout. Ipad-sized tablets would be great for a fan, sitting down, but I can't imagine an Ipad in a functioning high school dugout. Fires are cheap and will slip into my jacket pocket.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:14 am

As noted in response to the other place you posted this message, if you can send us a screenshot of what you are seeing to support@iscoresports.com, we can take a look. We don't know why the Kindle Fire would not be scaling things up, but if you can send us a screenshot, we can take a look.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
mbartschi

Post by mbartschi » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:26 pm

Just wanted to say thanks for the tablet optimized version - I got my update yesterday and used it for the first time in a game today. Works great - since I'm a PA announcer in addition to scorekeeper, it's great having the extra information visible all at once, and to not have to swipe back and forth to switch between field view and pitch chart view.

I am having some intermittent force-close issues with it when I switch to another app and then switch back - it happens immediately when changing the focus back to iScore. (I also play music between half-innings with the same device.) It doesn't always happen, and when it does, it's easy enough to re-open the app and get right back to where I was quickly, so it's not a huge issue. This was happening both before and after the most recent update. I'm using a Lenovo K1.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:52 pm

If you can submit the force close with a note saying when it occurred (there is an option to submit the error details if it happens), it will help us to identify any outstanding issues. Thank you.
ggora

Post by ggora » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Thanks for the tablet version, you made my day. Can't wait to use it this weekend. :-)
ggora

Post by ggora » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:35 am

very happy with the interface this weekend.

only issue was I experienced a forced close several time. once while editing the batter up to bat and two or three times just scoring a ball or strike.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:36 am

If you are able to reproduce any crashes and can give us the steps to do so, or if you submit the crash reports to Google (need to be connected to the internet), we should be able to fix any issues that are found.
ggora

Post by ggora » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:01 am

how do you submit a crash report?