Android version on a pc?

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
Marco Rocci

Android version on a pc?

Post by Marco Rocci » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:07 am

I was wondering. I'm set up to buy the Android version and a pad for field scoring. I see there is no real interest in developing a desktop version.

But out of curiosity... having installed the Android SDK, is it possible to use the Android iScore app on the desktop Android emulator? Would this work? I still haven't used the SDK so I'm not very familiar with it... speed, functionalities, etc... but I read that you can start it with the MarketPlace.

I suppose the developers use a similar setup at least for part of the tests, so they should know if this is doable or just a crazy idea. :D

TIA,
Marco Rocci
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Android version on a pc?

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:19 am

The only requirements for iScore and running the Android OS 2.1 or greater, and you must have the Android Marketplace installed on the device . If these requirements are meet, then iScore can be purchased from the Android Marketplace and used on the device.

We will say that is is really optimized for touch screens however, and we would not expect it to be as efficient when using a mouse instead of just tapping on a screen.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Marco Rocci

Post by Marco Rocci » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:05 am

I was thinking more about pre-game and post-game ops... preparing players and teams... checking the stats... things like that. Maybe a bigger screen and a real keyboard can be useful for some things. I wouldn't bring a notebook with Android SDK to the field. Not all fields have tables you can use a mouse on, and I often need to walk out of the dugout during the game (base coaching, comunicating substitutions to umpire and opponent team)... I need a read tablet on the field.
SGV Arsenal

Post by SGV Arsenal » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:17 am

I too would like the ability to be able to edit my roster, add players, set up games in advance to assist in "on the fly" scoring on the field. We are going to use the program for a HS Age national travel program where I have about 90 players at 4 levels. I am not looking forward to the time to set them up on my Droid X. Was hoping I could use the web based side to set up all the players and then import that info back down to my device. Also we are going to have multiple people hopefully scoring different games and want to set a standard Roster for them. Just downloaded the app, so I may not have gotten to the right instruction yet.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:27 am

You can use the Admin Website to enter all your rosters online instead of using the device. To do this, look in Options->Admin Website on the device to get the login instructions for your device specifically. Once you know the login info, here are the steps:

1. Do an Options->Export from iScore to send your data to our servers

2. Log in to the Admin Website on your computer as instructed above

3. Go to the Teams tab in the Admin Website, and create / edit teams and players

4. Do an Options->Import from iScore to copy the data back to your device from the server
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
souljerr

Post by souljerr » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:51 am

This is a life save for many of us!
Marco Rocci

Post by Marco Rocci » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:43 am

Too late for me, but I still have to associate players (300+) to leagues (6). I'll take note. And I really have to export the data before something goes wrong... Murphy's law is unforgiving.

Marco Rocci
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:22 am

Highly Recommend periodic exports. Think of Options > Export after every game and after any major data entry efforts as creating an emergency backup in case device gets lost or damaged.

also FYI - FTM keeps a few (like 3-5) past exports on their server for roll back needs in extreme emergency situations too. They really do care about the end user and as we know in times of trouble, can be faster than monkeys in terms of email support responsiveness.
Marco Rocci

Post by Marco Rocci » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:07 pm

I exported the team and player data... 500 players. But I have not found any way to edit the player Leagues on the admin site. I'm doing it on the pad, but it will take thousands of taps. :(
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:30 pm

Marco

assigning the players to leagues is probably the least important of the league assignments.

generally i set the league and then add players, bc. new players 'inherit' enabled leagues..

When you enter players on the admin site (Export on device, then on admin site: Team, Edit Team Icon, Multiple Helment icon botton left). Any new players will be added to selected league(s).

although you have already entered players, i am not sure which is quicker now..