Error with runners on base

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
raideroh

Error with runners on base

Post by raideroh » Wed May 20, 2009 12:08 pm

Man on first and second, fly ball to left field, fielder drops it and we end up with bases loaded.

Do I mark it as an error for each of the runners when it asks how they got to their base or will this give the left fielder 3 separate errors in the stats?

What's the proper way to mark this.

Thanks for all the help, this app is addictive
bsweetser

Re: Error with runners on base

Post by bsweetser » Wed May 20, 2009 12:40 pm

I would mark it as an error on the "In Play" and then mark the runners as Advanced by batter. Otherwise you end up with multiple errors listed on the play. In the situation you describe, that shouldn't be an issue. This may be different if a runner scores, as I think the batter would mistakenly be credited with an RBI. I could be wrong though.

ben
barkmo

Re: Error with runners on base

Post by barkmo » Wed May 20, 2009 1:48 pm

I have been marking these as error after 'in play', then I would place the runner that started on 2nd 'safe' on 3rd base and 'held up'. The same with the runner that began on 1st. As was said in the above post marking these as advanced by batter would not matter unless one of the runs scored and it would possibly give the batter and RBI.