Deleted Player

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
rgossard

Deleted Player

Post by rgossard » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:52 pm

If I delete a player from the Team Roster what all will be affected on the Team's webpage? Team stats? Scorecard? Play by Play? iScoreCast?

or would it be better to keep him on the roster and just not "play" him in any future games - e.g. not batting and out?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Deleted Player

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:55 pm

If you delete a player from the Team Roster, he will no longer appear on the Team Webpage or in any Team Stats reports. He will still appear in reports for specific games that he played in and on scorecards, play by play, iScorecast, etc. It will be like you had a "pick up player" on the team for that game instead of a player that is normally on the roster.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:04 pm

tip: Removing from a roster is not the same as deleting from player manager.

Removing from a roster is fine, deleting from player manager is permanent.

I highly encourage folks to not delete players from player manager, (you will be tempted, to shorten the player manager list, please save yourself later headache and if the player gets unwieldy, put them to a archive league, that you do not enable. ).

just a tip from a long time user.
rgossard

Post by rgossard » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:20 am

Thanks guys. Just one more quick one. After I delete him from the roster, will the team stats be updated automatically on the iPhone and website (after export) or do I have to hit that recalculate button on the device?
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:39 pm

Export updates. No need to recalc.