Buying iPhone to use iScore (do i have to activate phone?)

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
Coach

Buying iPhone to use iScore (do i have to activate phone?)

Post by Coach » Wed May 20, 2009 7:04 am

After finding this app on the internet yesterday while searching for some baseball scorekeeping software for a laptop, I'm seriously considering buying an iPhone just to use this for our son's baseball league (he's in 2 of them).

My question is, since I don't have an iPhone and already use another cellular provider, can I just buy an iPhone and not have to activate it (if that is the right terminology)?

I just want to use iScore on it.

What features would not be available to me if I tried to do this?

Thanks!
gadgetfreak

Re: Buying iPhone to use iScore (do i have to activate phone?)

Post by gadgetfreak » Wed May 20, 2009 7:07 am

Check out the ipod Touch. It is basically an iphone without the cellular radio and GPS (and camera). You may be able to get a used iphone on ebay but I think that if you are NEVER planning to us a data connection with it, the ipod touch may be worth it. Also, the ipod touch has wifi so, if you can pick up a wifi connection, you can use the e-mailing features in this program. Then again, so does the iphone.
Coach

Post by Coach » Wed May 20, 2009 7:47 am

gadgetfreak wrote:Check out the ipod Touch. It is basically an iphone without the cellular radio and GPS (and camera). You may be able to get a used iphone on ebay but I think that if you are NEVER planning to us a data connection with it, the ipod touch may be worth it. Also, the ipod touch has wifi so, if you can pick up a wifi connection, you can use the e-mailing features in this program. Then again, so does the iphone.
iScore will run on the iPod touch?
gadgetfreak

Post by gadgetfreak » Wed May 20, 2009 7:50 am

Yes. Using it now without any problems. Even e-mailing works if I am connected to wifi.