Scorecard on Team Websites?

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
brentwalker

Scorecard on Team Websites?

Post by brentwalker » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:44 pm

I am not seeing my scorecard on my team website. I noticed on some of the showcase sites, some games have a scorecard and some do not. What do I need to do to make them visible?
PetroGuy

Re: Scorecard on Team Websites?

Post by PetroGuy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:02 pm

After the game, e-mail the game stats (on the iOS family of products, hit the e-mail button on the bottom left). You can e-mail the stats to yourself or just enter 'web' in the address field. This will send a pdf of the scorebook to iScores servers which is where the Team Websites pull it from.
Check out the iScore documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:11 am

Welcome back brent, have a great season.. I think petro guy nailed it on the head..

.there is a small quirk in iscore, that to fully 'update' team web sites, it takes three "sends" for a game 1-email for scorecard, 2- iscorecast synch, and 3- export..
Export alone does not cover it all.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:25 am

We would expect that #1 and #2 are going to be part of many people's standard workflow anyway. They will be mailing an official scorecard to someone (coach, league, self, other), and if they are interested in iScorecasts, they will have done the iScorecast during the live game, so #2 would not be required. This would leave only step #3. Obviously there will be variations on that (people with iPod Touches won't have 3G access at field for example), but for many people, it is really only the Export step.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
brentwalker

Post by brentwalker » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:40 am

Ok, I"ll try these steps. Thanks OhioTex. I've been around, just not on the site in a while. Still been scoring games, but haven't had anything new until recently upgrading to the iPad. So get ready for more ?'s ;)

However let me say that FTM, Yes that would be my normal workflow if not paying for a team website. With the team website, I was planning on simply pointing people to that site and say that everything is there. I was hoping to not have to send anything via email. Just FYI, so not normal workflow for me, maybe just "another" workflow. :)

brent
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:02 am

same with me on workflow, as my families got accustomed to the team site, i stopped emailing to all. they quickly get trained to just log into team site. . the multiple steps are not a big deal, it is just the cause for not being posted.

I have other workflow steps i do after every game, including adding notes to all material plays, and fix any missed subs or oops edits, plus add in win /loss pitcher assignment and any misc game notes that may have had after each game. the one i most often forget is the iscore cast synch if i scored off the internet.
brentwalker

Post by brentwalker » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:45 pm

Yep, sending email to "web" worked. Thanks PetroGuy

Still hoping FTM will make this a standard workflow and eliminate this step.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:24 am

We can change it to be "post scorecard to website" or something like that, but the real issue is that only the device itself can generate the scorecard. There is a lot of code involved in generating the scorecard, so it has to be generated on the device, then sent to the server.

At some point we are planning to add a "post game to server" step at the end of scoring a game... this will also eliminate the need to export your entire database. As part of that step, we would likely be able to post the scorecard to the server as well.

This is not a top priority at the moment, but it is high up the list of something we want to do... especially for the folks that have been scoring for a couple seasons now so have larger databases.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:17 am

FTMSupport wrote:
At some point we are planning to add a "post game to server" step at the end of scoring a game... this will also eliminate the need to export your entire database. As part of that step, we would likely be able to post the scorecard to the server as well.

This is not a top priority at the moment, but it is high up the list of something we want to do... especially for the folks that have been scoring for a couple seasons now so have larger databases.
Post Game, would be nice to have, at some point.. it may really help with the database size. I would also include in a "post game" function, " iscorecast synch" and the two teams in the game plus all players in the game line ups, to keep cumulative stats in synch and b/c a game may hold a pick up player not on team roster.

Agree, this is not a priority.. But a great idea for later.. Would be nice way for a user to wrap up a game, but the bigger benefit may come in data transfer sime and size..
quietman

Post by quietman » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:17 pm

Does this not work with a Droid? I have tried a couple of times to get a scorecard on my team website, with no luck. I don't see "view scorecard" even listed as an option.

AAAREDHAWKS

is my team.

john