Little League "Amateur" Scoring

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Little League "Amateur" Scoring

Post by FTMSupport » Wed May 20, 2009 10:02 pm

Removing the non-playing players after the game has started should work fine. I just ran a quick test to confirm. If you start a game with players set as Batting=No, you can safely remove them after the game has started to switch from "subustitution mode" to "all players bat" mode with no ill effects.

If you start a game with a player set to Batting=Yes, and remove that player, you will wind up with a blank line on the scorecard where that player was (since someone DID start the game in that batting position, but was then removed).
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
bethsportsmomma

Post by bethsportsmomma » Thu May 21, 2009 5:20 am

I usually list ALL players as batting- even if some are not- and then just skip that batter and have it not count as an out. That way I am not in substitute mode. It seems to work easier for me that way.
cherrybomb

Post by cherrybomb » Thu May 21, 2009 5:23 am

Wouldn't that affect their stats in some way?
bethsportsmomma

Post by bethsportsmomma » Thu May 21, 2009 6:50 am

didn't think about that. Anyone???

Will have to do a fake game to see what happens.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu May 21, 2009 7:14 am

Interesting way of doing it (skipping batters)... I just did a quick test, and the only downside to this approach that I can see is that players that are listed as batting in the lineup get credit with a Game Played even if they are skipped every time. This is expected as anyone that is in the starting lineup (batting=Yes) will get credit with a Game Played.

This does not seem to effect any other batting/pitching stats (they are not credit with a plate appearance for example unless you accidentally assign a pitch to them before skipping them, and the number of batters faced by a pitcher is not effected by skipped batters).

The other potential downside is that the player will be listed on the Scorecard, and the "boxes" where you clicked Skip Batter will be white (as opposed to grayed out), but they will still be empty.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
bethsportsmomma

Post by bethsportsmomma » Thu May 21, 2009 11:07 am

The reason I did it this way is that when I had the non-hitters (players sitting at beginning of game) as subs I would have issues when I moved people around in the field and put the sitting players in. Biggest problem was with pitchers. I'd end up with the pitcher in two different positions.